Chapter 12

It was now 2am. The midwife handed me my little boy as I take him into my arms and smile down at him. He was gorgeous and looked the spitting image of Nathan.

"Ali?" I hear Nathan say, opening the door for her, "Come meet your baby brother, Everett James." Nathan says.

He took Ali's hand and lead her over to where I was with Everett. Ali stands beside the bed, still holding Nathan's hand while looking down at her baby brother.

"Did it hurt?" She asks, as I look up at her.
"What?" I ask as she shrugs.
"Giving birth the me and him. Did it hurt?" She asks as I shrug.
"It hurts, yes but the pain is absolutely worth it and when they hand you the baby, you kinda forget about it for a while." I say, brushing a piece of hair behind my ear, looking back down at Everett.
"Is dad gonna teach him football or am I?" Ali asks as I hear Nathan chuckle.
"We both will." Nathan says, pulling up two chairs for them to sit beside the bed.

XX

I was allowed to take Everett home later that day. Nathan had put Everett down for me before sending me to bed myself since I was exhausted and still in a bit of pain.

"You need to sleep too, Stevie. I've got it. Don;t worry." He says as I smile and kiss him softly.
"II love you." I say as he kisses my forehead.
"I love you too." He says as I take myself up to bed and get comfy.

I couldn't get to sleep though. I was really comfy but my eyes just wouldn't co-operate with my body so, I just laid there.

"Stevie, you asleep?" I hear Nathan's voice.
"No." I mumble as he chuckles and lays beside me, wrapping his arm around my waist, cuddling into me, "I can't sleep." I add on as Nathan kisses my neck.
"I'm sorry." He mumbles, pulling me closer to him as I turn over and cuddle into his chest.

I inhale his scent before looking up at him and kissing him.

"You're beautiful." I hear him says as I look up at him.
"Shh." I say as he chuckles and holds me close.

Finally, I fall into a deep sleep, cuddling my favourite person.

My husband.