Epilogue

I woke up the next morning after an amazing night with Nathan. I sat up and sighed, rubbing my eyes before slowly slipping out of bed.

I check on Everett to see that he's still sleeping before going to the kitchen to make a cup of tea.  I wasn't particularly hungry so I didn't make any food and just sat at the table in the kitchen in my own. 

I sighed again before laying my head on the table. I don't know what was wrong with me but today, I felt really upset and I found myself letting the tears fall for no reason.

"Stevie?" I hear a voice as I look up and see Jake at the door.
"Oh, morning." I say as he sits across from me.
"Are you okay?" He asks as I shrug, "You're crying." He adds on as I small smile at him.
"Yeah. I don;t know what's going on but I'm okay." I say as he smiles at me, "How did you sleep?" I ask as he nods.
"I slept fine, thanks." He replies, now making himself a drink.

After he'd made a drink, he said bye and went back to Ali's room.

Soon enough, I hear Nathan groan as he walks into the room. I look up at him and smile a little as he sits across from me.

"Stevie, are you okay?" He asks as I nod.
"I guess so." I reply as he raises an eyebrow at me.
"You guess?" He asks as I shrug.
"Just one of those days..." I trail off.
"But last night..." he trails off as I smile.
"Was amazing, Nath. It really was and I wouldn't change it for the world but today, I just don't feel right. I'm okay but my mind is a bit clogged with overthinking and stuff. I promise you. I'm okay." I reassure him, holding his hands across the table.
"As long as you're sure." he says, kissing my knuckles.

Nathan and I were getting old now and our story was slowly coming to an end. We have 2 more amazing years with Ali before she either goes to uni or travels or whatever she decides to do with her life and then Everett. We have 18 years with our little boy before he decides to do what he wants with his life.

No matter what, we'll be proud of our babies.

No matter what.

And our story...

Our story was phenomenal.

I wouldn't change it for the world.

Ever.