Time to Face it - Part 1

Flight no AT-619 is ready for boarding. Passengers are requested to get in line for boarding.

I heard the announcement and got in the boarding line. Thankfully, I had got a window seat. I tightened my seat belt. As soon as the flight took off I recalled about what I was thinking at the terminal. Ohm doesn't know, I did not go to that party afterwards. I was not used to going anywhere alone. I remember, I did not talk to him for two weeks. I was waiting for him to call and apologize. But he did not call me till I did. He said quoting that I told you to Talk to me once you are back at home after all this shit. Stubborn! I don't know why he used to hate Chimon so much. I had a huge crush on him, but he was not even my friend. I did not want to upset Ohm so I never even tried to talk to him. Sometimes, it is difficult to deal with Ohm. And this time it's no different.

Upon reaching Pattaya, I reached home and was paying to the cab driver when the lights of my home switched on. I saw my dad coming out. He almost ran to me with worried eyes. "Non? Why didn't you inform us about your arrival? Is everything ok?" he asked tensed. I gave him a smile to calm him and said, "I was missing home."

"So, you came second time within a month?" he asked now suspicious.

"Dad, I was feeling home sick. That's it." I said while keeping my bag on the couch in the room.

He waited for a while before saying, "I'll buy that for now... but you should talk to me if there is anything." He commanded.

"Ok" I said and took out my jacket. "Where is Mom?" I asked to change the topic.

"She is sleeping. I will tell her in the morning about you. You rest now. Do you need anything?" he asked.

"Dad, I'll get the everything on my own after changing. You go back to sleep. I'll talk to you in the morning." I tried to send him to sleep. He turned and left for his room. I locked my room door, freshened up into my favorite shabby clothes and hopped onto my bed. My room is always the best place in the world for me. I took out my phone from the bag and dialed Ohm's number. In an instant I recalled last few days and cut the call. I am used to coming home and dropping him a message. But this time it is different. I dropped a text message to Nonnie instead.

I am home sweetheart. :)

I checked the time and it was 2 in the morning. Nonnie won't be awake by now. I kept my phone aside and went to sleep.

In the morning, there was a loud thud on my door. I woke up abruptly and heard my mother calling me from outside.

"Non! Wake up! It's 9 o'clock already."

"Shit! I am late." I got out of my bed and opened the door.

Mom pulled me into a hug. "My dear I got worried when your Dad said you came home late last night. Is everything ok? He is a bit worried." She looked at me from top to bottom, "and so am I."

"I was feeling homesick. I told Dad the same thing."

Mom thought about it for a while and then replied with a casual "Ok".

The best thing about Mom is she buys whatever we say until she senses any danger. Dad on the other hand, likes to get into the details till he figures out the truth. This is the reason why we both siblings discuss everything with Mom rather than with Dad.

"Your dad went to office. Some work came up. But he should be back by lunch time. We all will have lunch together." She smiled while tiding my room.

"Mom I am going out for lunch. We will have dinner together." She turned to look at me confused. "Please?"

"Where are you going?" she asked still confused.

"I am going to give Ohm a surprise. We may have lunch together." I said as a matter of fact. I knew when I will mention Ohm, I will not be asked any other question.