Twenty Questions

"What were you talking about with Josey?" Nanon asked me while walking hand in hand with me out of the restaurant while Jom and Josey were following us

"You don't know?" I winked at him. He blushed.

After lunch we dropped Jom and Josey and were headed home when Nanon's phone rang for the second time. The first time he could not reach it before it got disconnected. As he was driving I reached for his bag and took out the phone. I saw the name of Chimon Wachirawit flashing on the screen.

"Who is it? Pick up!" he said concentrating on road.

"It's Chimon. You may pick up of you want." I handed him the phone.

"You are impossible." He said and took the phone from my hand but it got disconnected again. He checked the phone, "the first time also it was him. I should better call back."

"Your wish!"

I threw the bag on the back seat and he looked at me in disbelief. But no matter how much I dislike it, he dialed his number. I switched off the aircon and opened the window to get some fresh air. I am feeling suffocated already.

"Hey Chimon! Sorry I was... I mean I AM driving. So, could not pick up your call." He explained. I smirked. He hit me lightly with his elbow.

"Yes? Boat dance! Wow! Uh... how about I call you in the evening and confirm? Yeah, ok. Thanks for the invite. Bye!" he disconnected. How I loved him smile but hated it when it came for that creep.

"Guess what!" he exclaimed, "Chimon is inviting us for boat dance day after tomorrow evening."

So now he has the audacity to invite my guy for boat dance! I swear I could rip his head off his body at this very moment. "Us? Are you sure?" I snapped.

"He said I can bring a friend along and I am inviting you. We can go together Ohmi. And of course I want to have this dance with you." He pleaded.

"No way am I going on his invitation." I saw him frown and then he went silent, "Besides, I have other things planned for us tomorrow. Let's focus on that." I said trying to cool him down.

"No way am I going where you are taking me, if you are not coming with me to the dance." He snapped mimicking my tone. I rolled my eyes on him and he repeated that too.

"Fine, I'll go with you... hey our home is back in that lane." He was so lost that he forgot to take the turn.

"No problem. Let's go to the beach!" he said now smiling.

"Beach! At this time in the afternoon?" I asked.

"Why not? Besides, it's cloudy today. No heat! This is exactly the kind of climate when you are supposed to go to beach. Especially when you are with your love." He winked at me.

I could see a change in his behavior. My all so shy Chaplin was turning confident. And I liked it. I always wanted him to face the world boldly. We reached the beach and he parked the car outside the main entrance.

We walked down the beach and to my surprise, the atmosphere was cool. Soft soothing wind was brushing our face. The smell of salty beach waves and sand was in the air. I remember he used to tell me how much he loved it at his uncle's place. But it was surprising that we never spent much time on beach alone before this. In fact, I was thankful for Nanon to get us here today.

"Shall we sit there?" he pointed towards a table near an open juice bar which had an umbrella on top of it. I gestured him to walk and followed him.

We sat there stretching our legs and he looked at me smiling.

"What are you thinking?" I asked.

"Let's play something." He said playfully.

"Oh! What do you want to play?" I teased and leaned near him.

He pushed me, "Ohmi! I am talking about a game like truth or truth?" he said.

"What the hell? Are you twelve? And what's truth or truth? It is truth or dare, unless, you are too scared to dare."

"Don't be a spoil sport. Ok, I'll start by asking you. Tell me, truth or truth?" he asked.

I looked at him in disbelief but he kept looking at me smilingly expecting a response. "Truth!" I replied.

"Hmmm..." he thought for a while and then sighed, "Why do you have photos of us hidden in the small black briefcase in your closet?"

"When did you see that?" I asked shocked.

"It's my turn to question and yours to answer." He said calmly.

"What do you want to know about it?" I surrendered.

He opened his bag and took out a few pictures. "I want to know about this." He showed me a picture where he was wearing a Santa clause hat and posing at one of our society Christmas party in 2012. I had taken the copy with me.

"You were looking cute that day. I liked you dressed in that stupid stuffed costume." I teased him, "When you wore that Santa hat, you resembled my Santa. I mean, you have always brought smile on my face Chaplin. Whenever I used to feel sad, or tensed, I used to meet you or call you. Maybe since that time I had this crush on you. But I never realized it." He smiled and then reached for his bag.

"Ok, now tell me about this." He took out another picture of both of us that was clicked at a carnival wherein he was sitting beside me with most scared expressions on that roller-coaster ride.

I chuckled and he laughed as well. I took the photo from his hand and laughed loudly on the pose.

"Was it 2014?" I asked and he nodded chuckling.

"Well it's simple. You look so scared, it's adorable and funny." we both laughed.

"One last, ok?" he took out one more photo of him changing out of his costume after that snow white skit. I had secretly taken a picture at that time. "This is creep level 10000. Explain this!" he teased.

I chuckled thinking about my own stupidity and looked at him who was still waiting for my response.

I bit my lip and decided to tease him. "I like your skin tone... Your pale white skin... your smooth back... Your pink nip...."

"Whatever!" He brushed me off and hurriedly kept the photos back in his bag.

"You are going to return them to me, get that?" he tucked out his tongue to tease me.

"Now it's my turn. Tell me dare or dare?" I asked.

"We are not playing dare." He said.

"Oh yes we are. My turn, my rules!"

"I am not playing." He said and started to get up but I pulled him back.

"Common, don't be a spoil sport." I teased him and he grimaced.

"Fine, Dare!" he said.

I chuckled and looked towards the beach to think about what dare could be given. And then my eyes fell on something that I was searching for in a while.