New Roommate

God, I love him. I have always been in love with him. But I could not realize it before. I still can't believe he is going to be with me. Does he like me? Will he ever love me the way I do? I was in the shower but I had my phone everywhere with me. I did not know if he would call me or not. But I did not want to miss it by any chance. Last night I cleaned my apartment and made it appropriate for him to settle in. He is a hygiene freak. And I don't want to piss him off on the very first day. But will he agree to stay here and share the apartment? Of course, yes. I won't let him stay away from me.

I decided to have breakfast with him. I know he has a problem of motion sickness. He will not eat anything in flight. I rushed out and took my car. I checked the time and it was 10:15 am. "Shit I am late!"

Half way to the airport my car stopped. Oh god! How could I be so stupid? I forgot to refuel. I called up Drake, my neighbor to get me fuel from his vehicle asap. His garage was near to the area where I was. He was my only hope. I checked the time and it was 10:34. He must have landed by now. I tried calling him. But the cell was switched off. He must still be in flight.

By 10:45 am, I decided to take a cab but as soon as I came out of my car, Drake called me from behind. I refueled my tank, and drove at the speed of 80-90 kilometers per hour, which was as fast as I could manage at that time of the day on those crowded roads. Upon reaching, I could see there were not many people on the arrival gate. I tried calling him again but his phone was still switched off. I showed my id to the guard and went straight into the airport. On the help desk, I asked about the flight arrival time. I was half an hour late. He doesn't know anything about the city. Where can I find him?

I got very tensed and rushed to water cooler. I was filling a glass for me when somebody ran past me so fast that he accidentally pushed me. I fell on the floor. My head hit the ground. That guy came back and started apologizing to me. But my eyes got stuck on the guy sitting in front of me in the café across the wing and I could not get up, move or even listen to what the other person standing beside me was saying then after. For once everything around me got blurred out. I could only hear his laughter. He was wearing jeans and a coffee shirt with a denim jacket. He had a huge cuff on his right hand. His favorite watch on the left hand. And a black bucket hat and I could see his usual charm in his chain hanging above his shirt. He was looking so simple yet so handsome. I could look at him whole day like this.

He was talking to someone. I could not see his face. He seemed to be as tall as Nanon with a jacket and an ear piercing. They seemed to be very engrossed in some funny discussion which made Non smile constantly. I tried to wave my hand to call him when I felt someone holding my hand tightly. I looked up to the guy who was trying to help me get up. I realized I was lying on the floor like an idiot. I got up with his help and he kept apologizing. I gestured him I am fine but I could not turn to see his face. I was looking at my Chaplin after so long that I wasn't willing to let go of that face from my eyes.

"Are you alright, Sir?", he asked.

"I'm fine. Thank you."

He left when I did not turn to him and I couldn't care less. I waved at Nanon once again, but he did not see.

"Chaplin!" I called out.

He looked at me now and his smile widened. We started walking towards each other, he like an amp model and me like a donkey with broken leg. His expression changed as he saw me walking that way. Worried he ran towards me.

"Ohmi? What happen to you?" he came and bent down to look at my leg.

I pulled him up and held into a hug. My grip was as hard as it could be. I wanted him to be with me like this forever. He hugged me back the same way. I could feel his tears on my shoulder. But I did not leave him. The feeling of holding him was still the same as it was when we were ten years old. In that moment, I felt complete. I felt at peace with myself. All the images of him being around me till date were in my eyes. He tried to loosen the grip but I wasn't going to leave him. Not today, not any day of my life.