The Dance Of Love

Chimon and I walked till the boat entrance and I saw a lot of guys and girls dressed in party formals looking amazing waiting for their turn to enter the boat in the frisking line. The eyes trailed the entrance and then the giant boat decorated in colorful flowers and lighting. It was looking more beautiful than I had ever imagined the cruise boats would be. I saw a few people looking at us. Of course. Unlike other couples, we were two guys walking in together. It is acceptable in Croatia but still not so common thing to witness I guess.

"Chimon, I think going in together is a bad idea." I said looking at the guys who were looking in my direction.

"Don't worry. 40% of my colleagues are homosexuals. They are looking at us because it's the first time I am bringing someone to a party." He reassured. I smiled back at him. Has he really never brought someone? But he must be so popular. Was it because of his feelings for me? I can't help but feel a bit guilty.

We reached into the banquet and it was decorated so well that the entire scene was like a movie set. I looked at Chimon who was looking at me with a smile. I was now starting to feel awkward coz I know how he feels. I smiled back to reduce the awkwardness and then turned to look at the decorations. I walked towards the nearest table which had a golden vase with white roses. It was looking so pretty that I gently touched its petals and inhaled the scent. I did not realize when Chimon came beside me laughing at me.

"Seriously, it's so easy to make you happy! A quality so rare that it makes you special." He said with a smile.

His praises were not making me feel at ease anymore. And so my eyes were searching for Ohm. I would like to get praises from him about how I look, or how the whole cruise and space around us is so romantic, or how this reminds me of any movie scene. I have missed him a lot since last night, more than how much I missed him in those past ten months. It was very wrong on my part to be angry with him, and walk away when I should have been there, held his hand and apologized for leaving him alone when he needed me. He must be worried about me mainly because I was with Chimon, whom he would never like me to see if possible. My eyes were wandering near the entrance when the host started the announcement.

"Good evening ladies and gentlemen! We decided to give our doctors of Maple Willow Community Hospital some time off with their family. Welcome to the evening full of fun, music and food. Let's begin our eventful journey with a dance performance by our very favorite group of doctors turned dancers! Let's hear it for Dr. Paul, Dr. Karl, Dr. Hannah and their kids."

The crowd cheered and started walking towards the stage. Chimon turned to me and said "Let's go." I looked at him briefly finally deciding not distant myself and insult him.

The performance was good and for once I started enjoying my evening. After the performance a group of doctors and their family members came up on stage. They were playing various musical instruments, and the rest of the audience started dancing in front of the stage area. I saw Chimon looking in my direction and I started avoiding eye contact. I knew if I will look at him, he will ask me to dance and that might be very awkward for me. This was not the dance I wanted. I wanted it to be with the one I love, my Ohmi.

Suddenly, I felt a hand behind me, slowly tracing my back from top to my lower back. Before I could react, that hand grabbed my waist and turned me. I looked at him shocked; he winked at me with his usual crooked smile, the smile that I love. He pulled me towards the dance floor and made me swirl on the music so fast that everybody stopped dancing and turned to look at us in awe. He again pulled me in a lock and then pushed me, extending his hand towards me. I quickly took a turn and grabbed his hand following his lead. His smile widened and he pushed me away. He started tap dancing, a routine that once we both had performed in my room when we were in college. I copied him and I was happy that I remembered the steps. For once, I could not feel anybody around us. My complete focus was on him and he was dancing there in front of me with his charming smile. This was perfect, as I had always imagined. I could hear crowd cheering us when the beats lightened for us to tap our steps in sync.