Chase

I was still sitting in my room after an hour with my head down on my folded knees thinking about Ohm's words that day. I was feeling hurt, for him and for myself. I was curled up and crying. Ohm did not return to the room, and I had no idea, if Jom and Josey were still at home or not.

Joanne is sick. And it's not just about her health. But in last three months Ohm told me everything that had happened between them. He even said that he somehow slept with her but he doesn't remember the details as he was high. He isn't lying to me. And I had promised to accept his past and live in present and think about future. But why am I not able to accept it easily?

My phone rang and I saw the caller's name flashing on the screen. Even if I wasn't in a mood to talk, I had to politely answer this one.

"Hello?" a concerned voice came from the other side of the phone.

"Chimon, I am really not in a mood to talk right now." I replied trying to be as polite as possible.

"What's wrong?" he asked calmly though I could still sense concern in there.

"Nothing. I just don't have the mood." I replied trying to dodge it.

"Can you please tell me what's wrong?" he pressed.

"You have no idea what all happened today. Or rather what Ohm did this time." I said, my voice cracking trying not to cry.

"Or it might be like you did not know the whole thing and started jumping on conclusions?" he cross questioned me.

"Wow, and aren't you jumping on conclusions without knowing anything at all?" I asked pissed.

"Maybe all the drama in the morning made you forget about the breakfast invitation you gave me." He said plainly.

"Oh... oh my god! Chimon, I am so sorry. Today just started with so much of..." I started complaining to make him understand my mindset when he snapped.

"Stop! Nanon..." he said and I could hear him inhaling and exhaling loudly before continuing. "Just stop Nanon. For once, start listening to Ohm. If at all he tries to explain himself, shouldn't you listen to him?" he asked.

I tried to understand his tone and what he said.

"What?" I asked him though still bummed as to why he was saying it this way.

"Can you come downstairs?" he asked. "I am in my car."

.

Back in Time

"Ohm, tell me what happened? What kind of question was that?" I asked confused. We were talking on phone the other day after he asked me the weird question on terrace.

"Can you change the topic please? I am bored." He replied casually even after asking him numerous times.

'If I ask you to trust me, will you?' This question was ringing in my ear from the time he had asked.

"I believe you!" I snapped. "Do you hear me? I-Will-Always-Believe-You-Ohm" I said slowly pressing each word for him to hear clearly.

I heard a long sigh from the other end, and then he went silent. If I could not hear the light music playing in the background, I would have thought the line got disconnected.

After almost 1 minute of silence he said, "I saw your crush with his girlfriend in the restaurant across our lane last week."

"Crush? Who Chimon?" I asked puzzled.

"How many crushes do you have?" he asked still casually.

"None!" I replied.

"Am I supposed to laugh or something?" he asked piqued.