Rebel - Part 2

"You are freaking me out." Som said disappointed, "Since when did you start having this?" she picked up the bottle of vodka from the table beside my bed and showed it to me. "And what the... you are having it with rose syrup Nanon?" she made a disgusted face.

"How else am I supposed to digest it? It's bitter. Yuk!" I answered disgusted.

"Why are you doing this then? It's been almost a year. Snap out of it!" she commanded.

I checked the last message I had sent from my phone and then the calendar on the wall. "10 months, 19 days to be precise." I said lost in the photo of Ohm on Chatbook.

"Enough!" she grabbed my phone and took it out of my hand. "Call him right now." She ordered.

"No! I will not." I replied like a stubborn child.

"Nanon, this isn't happening. You are too egoistic you know that? You are so lucky, you have visa and everything set to go to UK and you are least interested. Why don't you want to go onsite? Everything you ever dreamt of and now you are just one day away from flying and..." she asked and started looking at my phone with worried expressions. "Oh my God! You have 23 missed calls from your sister. Haven't you seen?" she asked angrily now.

"I don't want to talk to anyone."

"Right! I am calling her right away and you are going to talk." She gave me a warning look.

She dialed her number and gave it to me.

"Hello? Bro..." Nonnie picked up. I could tell that she was worried.

"Hey what's up?" I asked casually more like in my drunk state.

"There is bad news! I have been trying to call you for so long but you are too busy to pick up. Our parents are planning to get you married."

"WHAT?"

"Yes, and that's why I called you. I asked them to at least ask you once before fixing your meeting with some girl in Bangkok but they were too sure that you won't mind."

"And how are you so sure that I would mind?" I asked confused.

"Because of Ohmi!" she replied

"Ohmi?" I asked now curious, all the drunk state gone.

"I had a chat with him yesterday evening and he asked me to warn you before Dad calls you. I didn't know what it means but if anybody knows what you want, then it's him.", she said with absolute surety in her voice.

I saw Som throwing away the bottles outside continuously blabbering about how careless I can be.

"What else did he say?" I asked her.

"That should not be your concern right now. Do something if you want to save yourself from this. And I can't talk right now. Mom is coming. Talk to you later. Bye!" she hung up.

After I told Som the whole story she started clapping. "Fabulous! So my dear, you have managed to ruin your life successfully." I grimaced.

"What should I do now?"

"Run away! Better than meeting a complete stranger and getting married just to make your parents happy." She started pulling out my clothes from the cupboard.

"What are you doing?" I snatched my clothes from her hands.

"Listen, you have only two choices. One is to get married to your parent's choice. And other is to go tell Ohm how much he means to you. Now the choice is yours." She pulled my bag out and dropped it on the floor in front of me. I sat back on my bed thinking about what she said while she gave me a disapproving look and left my room.