Possessive or Admiring

He knows what I want to be. He knows what I like to hear. He knows What bothers me. And if he can understand this much, then why did he take so much time in understanding my feeling for him?

I reached my apartment and opened the door. After taking shower I went straight to my bed with my laptop. I logged into Chatbook and opened the messages he sent.

"What the..." I was shocked to see the first message in the inbox which had a picture him sitting behind a pile of liquor bottles. The caption said, "Look what you have done to me". I am assuming it was an annoyed message from his end but I started laughing like crazy. It seems like he is becoming like me. Mostly all the messages were about how much I hurt him all the time. Drama King! Why does he always make a small issue so big that you feel like calling, police van, ambulance and fire brigade at the same time to resolve the mess in his head?

He sent me some photos of his birthday celebration. He seems sad though. I knew it was first time I did not wish him. But I feel he was more sad for not getting a gift from me. I am annoying I agreed to myself and laughed. I kept back the laptop and went straight to sleep. Also, I made a note to self to finish all my tasks tomorrow to be able to take a leave the day after.

Next morning, I went to the base to talk to Trey, the one who assigns me my duties.

"Morning Trey" I greeted him shaking his hand.

"Morning! Weren't you flying to London today?" he asked me while looking at the file in his hand.

"Trey I can't" I said and he closed the file.

"You are refusing for a job? Holy Shit!" he was shocked.

"Nanon is coming here." I said.

He thought for a while and said, "The boy whom you have been waiting for?" he kept the file on the table and got up from his chair. I could see he was more excited about the news than I was.

"Uh... Yes. Now cut the overacting, please. Can I get a day off?"

"Holy..."

"Trey!" I gave him a warning look.

He snickered. "Ok Son! I am kidding. You can have a day off tomorrow. It's the first time you are asking for it. He certainly is special." He patted my shoulder.

"Thank you! Now give me something local for today so I can be back here by night." I asked.

"You can train new guys here rather than travelling at all today. Besides all the locals have been assigned." He explained.

"No problem. I am too happy to do this shitty job." I gave him a thumbs up.

"You are an asshole!" he shook in disbelief and handed me my schedule details.

I took out my phone to see if Chaplin sent any other message. Should I call him? Nope! Let him come first.

My phone started ringing and I saw a Thailand number. Who could it be? I picked up the phone.

"Hello?"

"Bro, Nonnie here."

"Hey princess, how are you?"

"Bro there is a problem. Non left without personally talking to Dad and Mom and they are mad at him. I don't know what will happen when they will get to know why he went there."

"Wait! Let me process this! He is coming without informing your parents?" I asked

"Yes. He just called me before leaving and asked me to inform them." She answered. I could sense worry in her voice. But I was more than happy to hear what she said. Chaplin is coming to meet me, without informing anyone, even when he knew they would be upset with him. Do I matter this much to him? "Wow!"