Beam

I made sure I checked everything and then I finally locked up. It was close to 9pm when I left. It wasn't a tedious job but today we did use up quite abit of inventory and I had to make sure we had enough for tomorrow.

I was walking towards the gate when I heard some noises. I turned around but saw no one. Hmm. That was odd. I walked again and had almost reached the gate when I heard the noises again. I turned around and this time, I was hit right on my head by a bat. I never got to see whom it was as it was so sudden! Suddenly I heard the person scream "Shit" and they took off. He or she for that matter. I couldn't even tell. I staggered back, stunned; my head bleeding profusely.

I tried to walk out, trying to keep a straight line towards my car when I just took 1 more step and then I collapsed!

When I came around, I was in a hospital room. Pha and Kit were anxiously hovering around me, I could see Forth and P Arthit in the background.

"Guys.. what happened?"

"You being an idiot, is what happened" Kit snapped at me angrily.

I was stunned. I just tried to sit up and Pha helped me, shushing Kit in the process.

"How do you feel?" Pha asked softly. I nodded my head gingerly, an immense pain shooting through. I groaned. Even Kit worried and ran forward. Pha held onto me whilst Kit sent Forth to get the doctor. The doctor ran in and gave me a check, also administering some morphine for the pain and told me to rest.

I found out from the boys that I had been hit on the head by a person wielding a baseball bat. They couldn't find whom it was and the lack of cctv around that area didn't help. Kit and Pha  nagged at me as to why I stayed so late. Kit thought I had been with some girl until I snapped at him that I was merely doing inventory. Everyone fell silent, Kit looking embarrassed, Pha just worried and me in pain with the 2 Engineering fellows at the background.

"But wait. Thought you two were out dating? Why did you guys come back to the campus?"

"We didn't " Kit uttered softly.

"OH. Who rescued me then?"

That's when the door also opened and I heard a super familiar but annoying voice as the person walked in.

"P Arthit, can you ask Pha if he can get Beam's clothes? The doctor just updated me that he has to stay for 2 mor..." his voice trailed off as he saw I was awake. Both of us just looked at each other in silence. I think I was embarrassed that he had rescued me of all people and I am sure he thought I probably didn't want him around.

The other 4 boys just looked at us in silence. Then finally Pha said, "We will go get Beam's clothes and toiletries and be back. Do you mind staying here for a bit Kongpob?"

He nodded quietly and the boys ran out, bidding their goodbyes to me before I could retort!

Idiots. I sat back, realising it was very awkward with him in the room.

"Erm, thanks... for you..ah for..for he.."

"It's ok. I hope you feel better soon."

I grunted softly in response. I laid back, feeling faint. Kongpob just watched me but didn't say anything and neither did he do anything to help. I just laid back and closed my eyes for a bit.

The medicine kicked in and I found myself drifting off into a dreamless sleep.