Beam

I was having dinner when the most unexpected visitor walked in. It was Komgpob. I was alone since the boys just left. I just looked up at him as he walked in and I continued my dinner.

"Hi. How do you feel?"

"OK. Not too bad. Just aching still."

" I see. Er, okays. Erm when do you get discharged?"

"On Saturday. I got 1 more round of tests to run."

"Okays. Do you need me to come by to pick you up?"

"OK what happened? Why are you being so nice? Tell me now."

To his credit, I caught Kong looking at me like a deer caught in a headlight when he heard that. He looked at me, trying to say something but nothing came out. Just as he tried opening his mouth, Pha called me. I answered the phone and put up my hand to ask for silence.

"Hey Pha, what's up?"

"Beam. We all know who hit you!! It was Suyn from Communication Arts."

"What!? What did I do to her to get that?!?!"

"That's the irony. The hit wasn't meant for you. It was meant for the guy who was trying to woo the girl whom Suyn likes; 2nd year CA student Nia."

"What?! Nia?! Yea I seen her. But who is that guy?!"

"It's P Kong. It was him that Suyn had targeted but she accidentally hit you instead. She knew he would be around that area post the event."

"She wanted to hit Kong and I ended up taking it?!?!?" I yelled, staring at Kong in the process. His face changed, he was very apologetic then and wanted to say something when he heard me reply to Pha.

"So I'm not the troublemaker. But I get hit because of another idiot. What the fuck?" I purposely snarled on the phone for Kong to hear. He clenched his fists in anger when he heard that but tried to hold it in.

"But he was the one who informed the Dean when he found out. They've investigated and there was evidence that she had done it. She has been suspended for now and is awaiting a police charge. That's what i called to tell you. I heard Kong is coming to see you to say sorry but I wanted to tell you to go easy on him. It really isn't his fault either. Nia never told him that she had someone who liked her."

"OH.." I was stunned. Shit I had already blown it though. Pha told me to take care and hung up. I looked at Kong and before I could say anything, he said sorry and left. Shit.

I know it wasn't my fault but it wasn't his either and yet I treated him like shit. Damn my mouth sometimes.