Beam

If there was an award for "Blushing King", I prolly win hands down. My heart was also beating so fast when Kong had casually slung his hands over whilst fighting Nuea off.

What is wrong with me! Jesus. Blushing over a guy!?

I went up to my dorm, absentmindedly and bumped into Kit who had just left my books outside my room.

"Hey! Watch it Beammie. You ok? Why do you look so red?"

"Hmm? Nothing. I'm OK. Don't worry. Thank you Kitty Kat."

"No problem. Kong and you ok? Why did you take so long?"

"All is OK. He invited me for dinner so I stayed to eat."

"Again!? Dude you had dinner with us already!"

I chuckled. "Yea but he was being nice about it so I didn't want to say no. And it was good. Kong cooks really well to be honest."

"I'm glad you are on better terms with him now. Makes working together easier ."

I nodded my head, bade goodbye to Kit and went into my room with my books. I kept my things away and was stoning when the events of earlier came to light and once again I blushed irrevocably.

Sheesh.

The next day, classes kept me busy but Dean called for me. I went to see him. Kong was there too with Tew. Dean mentioned that moving forth, Tew would be the IC for the Sotus camp as Kong had some personal issues to settle and would be going on personal leave for a month.

I nodded and didn't say much but I was stunned. What was going on?

Once we left the room, Tew told me he would contact me later to discuss after his classes. I nodded. Tew and Kong bade goodbye to each other and Kong turned to leave after nodding at me. I grabbed onto his hands and stopped him.

"Hey, is everything ok? How come are you taking a whole month off?"

"Beam. Hey yeah. Everything will be ok. Some family issues. I need to fly back to my home town to settle the issues. But it be ok."

"Do you need any help? I mean I hope everything is OK? Any help, you can text me ok?"

Kong nodded and took his leave. I watched him go, feeling a little odds. I went back to the Medical canteen and shared with the boys on what happened. Pha just nodded but didn't say anything.  I knew instantly, he knew what was happening but wouldn't breathe a word. I didn't want to force it out too. To be fair, it wasn't Pha's story to tell.

Just then Arthit called Pha. The two lovebirds chatted about something and I saw Pha's demeanour change completely. He nodded tersely and then hung up.

"Beam, can I borrow your car for a trip? I promise I bring it back, safe and sound. Mine is in servicing so I can't use it that's why."

"Sure Pha. Go ahead. I'm not using it anyways. But where you going if I can ask? Want to make sure I have enough petrol or else I top it up first."

"I may need petrol. But I do it. Its a long journey, it's about 3 hours away but I be back later."

I nodded my head at Pha, not asking more but I really wondered what was going on. A few hours later when we were all done with classes, Pha took the keys from me. Just then Kong and Arthit came up.

"You ready Kong?"

"Yes. Thanks for sending me Pha. I appreciate it. Let me buy the petrol n all."

"It's ok. I got this. Its my way of thanking Beam. Its his car. Mine is in servicing but Beam agreed to loan me his."

Kong turned to me and waiied gratefully. I smacked his head, at the formality. Arthit and Pha went to take the car whilst I waited with Kong.

"Pha is driving you over?"

"Yea. I couldnt get any domestic flights and there are no buses till Saturday but I can't wait so Arthit asked Pha if he could drive me since Arthit has to fly off for work tomorrow."

"I see. Where is your hometown?"

"I'm from Chonburi. It's about 3-4 hours away."

"Okays. Be safe ok?"

"I will. Thank you for lending your car. I'm grateful."

I smiled at him as Pha rode up. They promised to be safe and left. I watched as they went off, the uneasiness in my heart growing wider.