Kongpob

I didn't go back to pick him up. I knew he was angry with me and seeing me would just piss him off further.

I was at campus on Saturday afternoon, getting a drink at the canteen after having submitted the report for the event. It had gone well and my first one under my tutelage since I was hazer. The Dean had praised me for a job well done and I was thankful for it.

I finished off my pink milk and was walking towards my dorm when I bumped into Beam who was heading back towards his. It was the building next to mine. He was alone, carrying a small backpack. He still had a plaster near the right hand side of his head. I thought Pha and Kit would have picked him up. Why was he alone? But that wasn't for me to care.

I just shrugged off my thoughts and I continued walking towards mine. Just as I was about to reach the entrance, I heard Beam call out to me. I turned to him and I didn't know if I should smile or not. Just then I heard Beam utter softly, "Sorry for yesterday. Pha had told me what happened. And you should still be careful nevertheless."

I nodded. "But sorry. You still suffered this because of me."

"It's ok. Water under the bridge. You didn't know someone liked Nia. Heck even Nia didn't know."

I chuckled. He bade me goodbye and was about to walk off when I stopped him again.

"Why did you come back alone? Didn't Pha and Kit come?"

"Na. Today is Phana's anniversary with Arthit. I'm not gonna make him come pick me up on such a special day. Kit is off for some medical conference related to his specialty. I told the boys I will be ok. Anyways I am. The injury is less painful for now."

I nodded and watched as he walked off. I went back to my own dorm and was just doing some work. I finally left for the bar around 7pm and met my boys there. I saw Beam there too with Kit and Forth. Beam was busy flirting away as usual with some girls. I just watched him from my spot on the couch. For some reason, my eyes kept flitting to him more often than not that night.

Then Nia came in. She walked towards me and I tensed involuntarily. I really didn't want to pursue her further especially after what had happened. 

"P Kong, can we talk please?"

"What is it about Nia?"

"It's about Suyn. Can you drop the charge against her? Beam is fine and to be honest, she didn't mean to do it."

I glared at her, speechless. Is she for real? Before I could open my mouth, I heard Beam.

"You gotta be fucking me if you think he is going to drop the charge. Yea I am fine but it doesn't change the fact she hurt someone and hello, she intentionally wanted to hurt Kong. You mean you are ok with that?!"

Beam was so angry, I could literally see him shaking. I stood up quickly, knowing it was going to escalate. "Beam.."

"Stop Kong. Don't support her. I hardly scold ladies but you are pissing me off with your selfishness. This dude likes you. He would have gotten hurt and yet you are speaking up for the girl that had planned this. Are you dumb or what?!"

I was stunned. I didn't expect Beam to take my side at all.

"She didn't mean to do it ok? And she's sorry. I'm sorry. She's just... look I just found out she likes me. Before that she's my best friend. I can't have anything happening to her. I promise she wouldn't come near you at all. Just drop the charge please.."

"No."

"Why are you interfering anyway? Even Kong isn't saying anything. Kong, please for me..."

I was conflicted but Beam was ok and Nia seems very apologetic. I nodded my head in agreement. That's when Beam lost it, threw his drink at Nia's face and just walked off. We were all stunned!

I saw Kit run out after him. Forth just gulped silently, conflicted over whether to offend his head hazer or stick up for his boyfriend's friend. But just then, Aim came up to me and smacked me on my head. Right in front of Nia, he told her that there is no way he was going to let me withdraw the charge against Suyn. Sure, Beam was fine but it was still intentional. It wasnt done in the heat of the moment and it could happen again. I opened my mouth and Sharp pinched me from the back.

I glared back at him and Aim smacked me again.

"You are fine. But imagine if you had gotten the hit instead? You saw how Beam had suffered when he got hit. He was bashed coldly on the head. Does that seem like a cold calculated move or spur of the moment? What's the risk she wouldn't do it again?! And don't you think she deserves to be punished for what she did to Beam? Doesn't his pain mean for anything?"

I kept quiet, I knew Aim was right. I looked at Nia.

"I'm sorry, I'm not withdrawing the charge. You should make sure her family has legal representation for her."

Nia got so angry at me and just strode off. I sighed and wanted to sit when my boys yelled at me to go make peace with a certain raven haired medical student.

I went off to his dorm to look for him and knocked on the door hesitantly. Finally, 2 minutes later, I was greeted by Beam who looked pissed as fuck to see me.

I gulped silently.