Beam

We reached university after a 3 hour drive. Since Kong still had time, he decided to go pick up some school materials, meet up with his hazing team over the Sotus camps and then head back. He dropped me off at my dorm. I turned to look at him.

"Thank you for the ride."

"It's me who needs to thank you."

"I collect the car next weekend ok?"

"Okays. Tell me what you want for lunch ok. I cook before I bring Dad for his treatment."

"It's ok. You focus on him. Aunty and I will figure it out."

Kong beamed at me. I smiled back and was about to leave the car when Kong stopped me.

"Hmmm?"

He looked at me for a while, stuttered and then leaned over to kiss me softly on my cheeks.

Woah. That I didn't see coming. I ended up blushing and Kong too. He turned back to face the steering wheel whilst I got out. I bade him goodbye and closed the door. Just as I did, I turned around and fuck, someone swung a bat at me again. Fucking again. I ducked but the bat went crashing through the window pane of my passenger seat but the fucking bat never came back. The person had lost control of it!

KONG! KONG. OMG. FUCK.

I immediately looked down and saw that  the bat had hit Kong squarely on the head and he was bleeding badly. He was hunched over the wheel.

"KONG!" I screamed!

I turned around and saw it was Nia who had fucking swung the bat. She realized that she had messed up and tried to run. For the first time ever, the other side of me came out. I literally lunged and grabbed her by her ponytail and pulled her back. She fell to the ground and sprained her ankle in the process. People had heard my screams and rushed out. I heard people calling the ambulance and police whilst I rushed over to Kong's side. I opened the driver seat and unstrapped his seat belt. He fell into my arms, bleeding badly.

"Kong, stay with me. Fucking stay with me Kong!"

He just grunted before he passed out. It was a blur of events but I saw him being hauled up into an ambulance. The police came by and took Nia away but before they could handcuff her, I had slapped her twice. That ended up in me being handcuffed too. As I was brought away, I saw the Engineering boys, Pha and Kit running towards me. But they all stopped in their tracks as they saw my  bloodied hands and sobbing face. I looked down at my own self and realized I was full of Kong's blood. It was all over my shirt, my hands, my shoes. Every bit that should be in him was on my hands.

And that's when I passed out.