Beam

I wanted to go wait outside Kong's room whilst he was in surgery but before that, I had to settle the legal issues.

My mother got our family lawyer down. He handled my end of the issue. There wasn't much to do as the police knew I only did what I did out of frustration but it was still uncalled for.

Nia's parents were a piece of work just like their daughter but with all evidence against her, it was getting a little hard to play the sympathy card.

When we were done, it was close to 9pm and Kong was out, but still unconscious. I sat by him quietly, holding his hand, waiting for him to wake up. Even if it meant I had to wait days, I will. I wasn't going to let him go without a fight.

He had to fight to come back alive. Even if it wasn't for me, he had to do it for his dad.

I sat closer to him and uttered softly, "It's not for me. It's for your dad. You have to come back alive to make sure he finishes his treatment Kong. Remember, no one can handle your father like you can. Please?"

No response. I just gave a soft smile, and just sat, looking at his eyebrows that was furrowed. Was he thinking of something? Could he hear me? Maybe at one point, he will.

It was getting close to midnight and everyone had left for the night. Kong's parents and my mom didn't want to leave but i insisted they had to rest and got the boys to send them home.

I continued sitting, updating Kong on everything that had happened, even though I knew nothing may be going through.

But to me, it was important that Kong knew that we were here for him. That I was here for him.

And frankly, it was important that he be there for me too. And for that, I needed Kong very much alive. Somehow or rather, this fellow has grown very much on me and over the days, I realized my feelings for him had changed.

From someone I detested, to someone I saw as a friend to someone I like, to someone I started caring for, to someone that I couldn't find myself living without.

We made lunch plans for next week. We have a camp to finish off. We wanted to mug in the night together. We promised that we bring his dad for that movie he wanted.

We...we..we... I started sobbing softly, cradling his hand and just muttering "come back to me Kong. Please. come back to me."