Kongpob

I was stunned when I saw Beam. What was he doing here?! So words flew out of my mouth before I realised it and my mother's hands flew too.

But all of it was worth it when we saw my dad chuckle heartily. We were all momentarily pleased by it that we just observed him quietly. I saw Beam's face shine with some unspoken joy. I am not sure on what I mirrored but I knew at that moment, whatever his reason was for coming, I was incredibly grateful for him being here. He actually made my dad smile.

I then realised they were cooking dinner. I was mildly impressed that Beam was indeed so versatile and he seemed like a homebody in the kitchen, wearing a casual white T shirt, jeans, fringe tied up in a little ponytail.

Wait, FRINGE UP IN A PONYTAIL???! I think Beam must have realized it too for his face turned red instantly and he ran for the toilet. Oh my. He was actually so cute but am pretty sure it wasn't meant for me to see.

I helped my parents set up for dinner as Beam came out, face all red and hair down. I didn't say anything not to cause further embarrassment and just quietly put the plates out.

He helped by dishing out the food and we all sat down for dinner. Over dinner, my mom asked Beam if he was staying over and before he could answer, I replied "With me, ma, in my room. Is that OK?"

My parents obviously had no issues. Knowing Beam, I am sure he would go out to find a hotel to not be of any trouble but it was 9pm and I be damned if I let him leave now. He smiled at me gratefully. Once dinner was over, Beam and I cleaned up whilst we chased our parents to go watch TV and have some dessert.

"Beam.."

"Hmm?" I snuck a glance and watched him intently washing away, just blowing some air to keep his hair out of his face.

"Beammm.."

"Sheeesh, what?" Beam turned to me, nagging. I took a hair tie and tied up his fringe. He looked at me wide eyed.

"Keeps it out of the way. You can save the breaths by using 1 hair tie." I couldn't help but retort. Beam stared at me until we burst out laughing.

He thanked me and we went back to washing.

"Beammmmm.."

"Yes Kong?" I heard him sigh softly.

"Thank you."

He looked at me in response, didn't say a word, just shook his head and smiled. With that, we went back to our washing.

Once we were done, I chased him to go join my parents whilst I cut up some fruits. I brought it out and we had it whilst watching TV. I could see my father was nodding off to sleep and before I could do anything, Beam hustled him off to bed. My mother and I just watched as Beam sent him to bed, chatting about things so that he didn't even realize he was being put to bed. As I watched him go, I heard my mom ask, "Who is he Kong?"

"Beam ma."

"My dear son, you can be quite dumb. I meant who is he to you?"

I looked at my mom for a while. "Hmm friend ma."

"Ah. Okays. Well he's a good friend. But remember even if he's more than a friend, Ma and Pa are ok with it."

My face completely reddened when she said that. My mother chuckled completely at my expression. Just then, Beam came out. He looked at both of us quizzically and we shook our heads. 

He smiled and just joined us. Beam and my mom kept up a steady chatter whilst watching the movie. I just ended up dozing off, tired from all the running around. I didn't realize it then but I ended up falling asleep on Beam's shoulders.

Fast, sound asleep.