Filler Chapter

The Engineering boys along with Pha and Kit came by to visit the next day after classes.

Lien had already put in a leave of absence for Beam and had gone home to take more clothes for him. Kong's father still had to complete his radiotherapy but insisted on doing it in the same hospital so his wife had accompanied him for it.

It was around 2pm when the boys came back and found Beam still sitting there, one hand on Kong's unresponsive one and the other pursuing some notes.

When they came in, Beam smiled softly at them. He kept away his notes and whispered something to Kong. He then stood up and let the hazing team spend some time with Kong whilst he went out and sat with Pha and Kit.

"You ok? How are you coping Beam?"

"I'm OK. Just waiting for him to wake up. I am just worried though I don't wish to show it.

"Have you eaten?'

"Yea I did. Mum forced me earlier. Kong's mother also did. Aunty can be very stubborn when she puts her mind to it."

"Still calling her auntie ah? Not mom?" Kit teased Beam.

Beam stuttered and his face turned bright red! Pha teased him too. "I told you not to make trouble for him. When did it become love and affection?"

Beam kept quiet. He couldn't deny it was true. But he also couldn't pinpoint on when it became such. The boys decided not to tease him further and just patted his shoulders. Just then, 2 nurses and a doctor rushed into Kong's room! The trio stood up and rushed in. Kong was going into an epileptic fit which is why Aim rang the emergency button.

Everyone was stricken and were eventually chased out as the doctor tried to assess and work around the situation. Everyone stood outside, just then Beam's mother arrived too. She was updated and she instantly turned to look at Beam who was quietly sitting down, but face stricken. She observed and noticed his tell tale signs of fear; his right foot kept tapping softly incessantly and he kept gnawing on his left thumb. She went over and tried to stop him by caressing his back. He turned to look at her and just shook his head, eyes way too bright to be construed as happiness.

Just then, the doctor came out and said Kong was successfully out of his seizure. His eyes actually opened but because of the episode, he was drained. The doctor had sedated him but said he would wake up within the next 8 hours if everything was ok. Thar piece of happy news came with its own risk but everyone was happy for once.

That's when finally Beam clung onto his mother and sobbed, all of his unspoken pain and fears ebbing.

The boys were just as stricken as Lien who was, for the first time, seeing her son's vulnerability in its full form.