Kong

I just held onto Beam tightly with all energy I could muster. He didn't let go either. I didn't know how to tell him that, even though I was unconscious, I heard everything he said.

How he confessed along the way his feelings for me had changed, how he updated me constantly on what was going on, how he kept pestering me to come back and handle my dad, how he prayed for me.

I also had heard his blood curling screams when I was hit. I briefly saw how he pulled Nia's hair. I could hear the rousing slaps he gave her. I could hear him begging me to come back to him.

I knew Beam has a soft side, one that I was very thankful to see and be exposed to, but to see this loving, selfless side of him.

I ain't giving this boy up to anyone else. I will be damned if I did that. I knew that I had to fight for my life, not only for my family but also for him.

My tears fell and Beam wiped them away softly. He asked me if I wanted anything and I nodded. I really didn't need anything but him and he must have felt the same, for he just sat with me quietly till I drifted off to sleep again.

When I woke up, it was 9am and I was being wheeled for further tests. By the time I came back, it was 2pm. I came to a room full of boys, my parents, his mom and no Beam. I looked around quizzically but didn't dare open my mouth to ask. Beam's mother chuckled at me and said he was showering and that he be back soon.

I nodded and tried to sit up. Tew helped me up and we were all chatting away when Beam walked in 10 minutes later. His eyes lit up when he saw me. He came over and checked on me. We had this private conversation even though we were surrounded by so many people. It's like we were in our own little world.

I told Beam I felt like having some shaved strawberry ice and he said he will go get it for me. Pha offered to buy but Beam waved it away. He said he will go and my mother went along with him.

"You got Beam wrapped around your finger ah?" Pha teased me. I just blushed and shook my head no.

"I'm kidding. He really loves you alot. Beam only shows this side of him to the one he loves. He wants to do everything for them himself. That's his love language too."

I smiled at Pha and kept quiet, never denying anything. I think my silence said it all. The entire room knew we love each other and there wasn't gonna be any false or pretending that it wasn't.

Like I said, I wasn't gonna give that boy up to anyone. He came back with snacks for everyone and my dessert. He fed me slowly. As we were jsut chatting and eating, the police swung by.

They wanted to give us an update on the case. Nia was being charged with assault and battery, 1st hand charges though she was denying them all. She was also being slapped with an intention to cause grievous hurt.

I didn't bother fighting for her. She deserved it all and more, for what she tried to do to Beam and me. To be honest, I wouldn't lay hands on a girl but I know she is one person I would have slapped. Beam could sense my simmering anger and he held onto my hand, kissing it to calm me down.

Everyone whooped and I blushed furiously. Beam was just quiet, a small smile playing on his lips.

I was in the hospital for a week more before being discharged. Beam brought me back to his dorm. My parents insisted I stayed with him and recuperate. My sisters came down too and promised to make sure my dad completed his radiotherapy.

I was worried for him but Beam saw through it all. He would go for classes, come back to check on me. Weekends he would bring me to visit my parents. He tapped on his mother for better medical options for my dad. He was really another son to my parents who equally cherished and loved him too.

Finally, close to a month later, I went back to school. When I arrived at the Engineering canteen, everyone cheered in joy seeing me back. I was so embarrassed by the attention that I just laughed softly and hurried to the hazer table.

Bloody friends of mine weren't any better. But suddenly a hush fell over the canteen. I looked up and was stunned to see Beam come towards our table, dressed in his uniform as usual bearing a pink milk for me.

He placed the drink on the table, casually leaned over to kiss me on my cheeks as a hello in front of everyone and sat down.

"Beaaammmmm...."

"Hmmm?"

"What was that?" I whispered to him.

"Well just making sure no one has any funny ideas or misunderstanding over whose boyfriend you are. You and I have gotten hit enough times for this."

I roared in laughter at this cheeky boyfriend of mine. Wait. BOYFRIEND?!?!

I looked at Beam who just smirked at me cheekily.

"Took you long enough."

I blushed again, at this stupid fellow who has this fucking magical lovesick aura over me.