Verdant Ink (T)

Verdant Ink written by pixelmum

i. TITLE & COVER

I like the title. Verdant is such a loud adjective, and ink has this kind of splattering, mysterious connotation. I like the title. The cover, not so much. A little bland in my eyes, and the fonts are a little simple. It does the job, but kind of more of a meh-I-get-paid-minimum-wage-so-it-doesn't-really-matter-if-I-go-above-and-beyond kind of job. Does that make sense? Anyway, I've got some artists in my graphics reading list that could make something for you to do more of an I-get-paid-commission-so-I'm-going-to-wow-them kind of job. Anyway. I just had an economics lecture.

BLURB

I hate names used at the beginning of blurbs, blah, blah, blah, you know the drill. However, your first sentence is so whaaat, that's so cool! that I don't really think it detracts all that much. To be honest, your blurb is so...pretty. It's very clear, very concise, and I've got a good idea of what I'm getting myself into while still maintaining enough mystery to intrigue me. The only thing that really bothers me enough to mention is the use of a question to end the blurb. I don't really like questions in blurbs, because they're breaking the fourth wall and they unsettle me a little. It leaves the blurb very loose-ended, and while you may think that's a good thing, it actually is not. Humans are psychologically wired to find comfort and interest in concepts or stories that come full circle, so if you end on a note of finality, people will immediately like the feeling they get from your blurb and want more. Anyway. I also just had a social psychology lecture.

1 1 / 1 5

i

i. GRAMMAR

Sometimes you use hyphens on words that aren't hyphenated, like missile-damage and engine-coolant. I saw it so much I wondered if maybe it's part of your world-building?