Creature of Creation (T)

Creature of Creation written by TheQueenofGremlins

i. Title & cover

I really love the fonts used on the cover, but I think there's a bit too much emphasis on the picture and not quite enough on the words. I can barely read the subtitle and author's name, and the main photo isn't really interesting enough to be that big. I would suggest working with a designer to create a new title that retains the bones of what you have.

As for the title, I don't have any problems with it. Does it jump out at me and demand I read the book? Well, not exactly--but that's not really all that necessary. As long as the title means something to you and doesn't turn anyone away, then I'd say it's pretty good!

ii. Blurb praise

I LOVE your blurb. Like, it's SO good. It's short, snappy and tells us everything we need to know. You keep the names to a minimum and cut up the information into manageable chunks. It's very well done, but I am here to critique. One of the best things you can do in a blurb is relate it back to the title, and I think you have an opportunity to do that here. In the end, when you say Clay must balance her love and learn what it truly means to be human, you could say she must learn what it truly means to be a creature of creation. Now, that doesn't really give the same message as what you had before, so you'd have to consider that. But it just sounds so good, I think. It really leaves on a note of finality and surety. Again, great blurb regardless.

1 2 / 1 5

i

i. Commas & run-ons

You are one of the many victims of the run-on sentence, and while it is very prevalent in your writing, it's a pretty easy fix. Sentences can be split up into parts that can be classified as independent and dependent. Independent parts can stand alone because they have all the parts a sentence needs, like a subject and a verb. Dependent parts need to be attached to independent parts, because they lack something to make perfect sense. When we are connecting an independent and dependent clause with a conjunction like 'and', we don't need a comma. However, if we're connecting two independent clauses, we do--because those are two separate thoughts. Here's an example: