33

Chu Chu and Luo Ye returned to the small courtyard.

They were fine when they went out, but when they came back, both of them were covered in blood, so scared that Zhou's mother, who opened the door for them, covered her chest and almost fainted.

Zhou's mother's voice was trembling: "What's wrong? Why are you all covered in blood? A monster entered the Drum Tower? Or someone beat you?"

Chu Chu glanced at the dried blood on his hands, his expression was regretful, his throat was slightly fishy, ​​and he said in a hoarse voice, "It's me..."

"I scratched my hand myself." Luo Ye took over without waiting for her to explain.

Chu Chu was stunned for a while, and looked at him puzzled.

Luo Ye's expression was as usual, and he didn't feel uncomfortable lying at all. It seemed that he was really hurt by himself.

Zhou's mother would not doubt his words at all, and looked at him angrily: "Why are you so careless, how's the injury, go and deal with it."

Luo Ye casually lifted the injured arm: "It's a small matter, I have already bandaged it."

Seeing that he could be so relaxed, Zhou's mother easily believed what he said, and just muttered: "The wound doesn't look big, why is there so much blood."

"Look at your clothes are bloody, go and change."

The two returned to the East Courtyard.

Chu Tuo stopped outside the door and didn't follow him in. Looking at his back, he hesitated, and he whispered, "Aye..."

When Luo Ye heard the words and turned around, he saw the girl standing outside the door with her head bowed and her fingers twisted as if she had been punished.

Chu Chu was suddenly a little confused, should she come to him or not, she was still the same as before, not only did she not bring him any help, but she always dragged her back, just like this time, it was her own fault, but she still wanted to. He concealed it from Mother Zhou and the others.

Luo Ye turned around and looked at her slightly: "What's wrong?"

"Did I cause you trouble?" Chu Chu looked up at him with red eyes.

It was like this in the past life, and it is like this now, if she stayed by his side it was destined to bring disaster to him, she would rather never know him.

Luo Ye's heart ached slightly, and he couldn't help raising his hand to touch the top of her head, and said, "Don't think about it."

Chu Chu was not comforted, but felt even more uncomfortable. He was always like this, silently tolerant of himself, obviously she was a useless drag, if it weren't for her, he would not have died in the previous life, and he would not have to take care of her so hard .

"Aye, can I hug you?" Chu Chu asked him in a sullen voice, sniffling.

Luo Ye was stunned for a moment. He was fine, but suddenly became uncomfortable. He turned his face away slightly, rolled his Adam's apple in a circle, and made a low "um".

As soon as he finished speaking, Chu Chu plunged into his arms, hugged him tightly, and said in a nasal voice, "Aye, I'm so scared."

Luo Ye was at a loss and didn't know where to put his hands. Finally, he held her back in the air and asked in a low voice, "What are you afraid of?"

Chu Tso didn't answer, she thought in her heart:

Afraid that my arrival will bring you more trouble, that I can't change anything, that you will leave me in the end...