13. Serpent Breathing

Near a cliff........

Y/N:we then proceeded to go to an open field of rocks near some cliffs.

Homura:"Eda told me about this area being infested with huge serpents, so I figured watching them in action will help you learn and understand more about it"

Y/N:"sounds good" we walk out of the forest as we stand over a cliff and down from it was a huge horde of giant snakes. "This looks to be it"

Snakes:*slithering* *hiss*

Homura:"I know it was my idea to come train here, but, does snakes are sending me shivers down my spine" I felt un easy seeing all foes snakes moving around each other and their tongues slithering.

Y/N:"yeah, I hear you. And they look a lot bigger than what it said in the book. Also, did you friend Hikage learned Serpent breathing this way?"

Homura:"more or less than that, honestly" I then sense a presences from behind us. "Oh, hey guys"

Gus:"hey! There you are!"

Willow:"Eda and Luz wanted us to look for you since you've been gone for a while. Everything alright here"

Y/N:"yeah, just looking at serpents down here. By the way, Homura I wanted to ask, how is Serpent breathing derive from Water breathing? How are they the same?"

Homura:"take a closer look. See how freely they move through the rocks and cracks, like the water in the river, and they strike fast and quick"

Y/N:"I get it"

*CRASH!*

Y/N:just as Homura was explaining, we all hear a loud noise and suddenly a giant earth golem and starts attacking the snakes

Y/N:just as Homura was explaining, we all hear a loud noise and suddenly a giant earth golem and starts attacking the snakes. "Whoa! I've never seen an earth golem this close before"

Willow:"I think it's here to fight the snakes for their territory"

Homura:"I think this is where we end training for today, let head back now"

Gus:"you don't need to tell me twi-AAAAHHH!" I was stepping away from the edge just it started to crack and I fall the from the cliff.

All:"GUS!!!!"

Gus:I quickly use my illusion to create some air cushions to avoid landing on the boulders as I land safely on the ground. "Whew, I'm still alive! I'm safe!" I said in joy as a shock brings me back to reality and I noticed the giant golem standing in front of me while holding the alpha serpent in his hand. "Or maybe not"

Earth golem:*Roar!!!!*

Gus:*sigh* "I always knew that I would end up as food for giant beast"

Y/N:"Gus! Hold on, I'm coming for you" I spring down and see a lot of giant snakes in the way. I have to get pass them quick so I can get to Gus. I can see some openings through them, almost like a pash through a maze. Just focus hard and let you body move like a snake slithering a tight spot. Total concentration, Serpent breathing Fifth form: Slithering Serpent! I swiftly move space area and getting pass all of the snakes as I make my way towards Gus.

Earth golem:*roar!* *throws it's hands towards them*

Y/N:"Gus, get behind me!" I stand in front of Gus to defend him. First form: Winding Serpent Slash! I block the golems attacks with multiple winding slashes as I cut through its skin.

Homura:Beast breathing Eighth fang: Explosive Rush! I run in great speed as I quickly grab Gus out of the battle. "You ok?"

Gus:"I'm fine, thank you Homura"

Homura:"no worries, but we're not out of the woods yet"

Serpents:*hissing* *slither*

Willow:"I got this!" I ran in front of them as I summon large vines to keep the serpents away, but they just go past us. "Huh?" They just ignore us and just headed towards the golem.

Y/N:"Fourth form: Two-Headed Reptile!" I leaped forward at the Earth golem as I do a powerful horizontal slash against its chest.

Serpents:*hissing* *circling around the golem*

Y/N:the snakes start to circle around the golem as he has no where else to go. Perfect! With their help, then we can bring this giant down. I grip on to my sword as I follow the snakes lead. Serpent breathing Third form: Coil Choke! I move around the golem in fast motion as I attack from every direction, all while the serpents wrap themselves around the golem, making him immobilized.

Homura:"it can't move now! This is your chance!"

Y/N:I hear Homura from the distance as I speed on behind the golem while its still restrained and I immediately noticed the opening thread from its nape as I jump high up. Serpent breathing Second form: Venom Fangs of the Narrow Head!

*SLICE!*

Y/N:I bring down my sword from behind the golem as its head goes flying off and body falls down. I catch my breath as I reunite with the others. "Are you all ok?"

Homura:"we're all fine, that was an amazing performance out there"

Gus:"yeah, that was amazing!"

Y/N:"I'm glad to see you all are safe. We should get out of here now"

Willow:"I know a way out of here, follow me" I lead the way out with everyone behind me, but the snakes instantly block our path. "Oh no!"

Y/N:"aw, come on" I said as I ready a stance while holding sword, as I stared at the alpha serpent in front of us.

Alpha snake:*stare* *nods & bows*

Y/N:"huh?" I was surprise by it's action as it then moves to the side with all the rest following sue. "Whoa"

Gus:"what just happened?"

Y/N:"I think we've earned the serpents respect" I said while sensing gratitude from all of them as we exited out of their home.