15.Insect Breathing

The next day.........

Y/N:"are your studies in Hexcide going well?" I said to Luz as we eat breakfast.

Luz:"yeah, I've really been learning some new tricks and even learned from some of my classmates"

Y/N:"that's good" as we were chatting, Homura enters the kitchen.

Homura:"hey, you finished eating? We're about to start training"

Y/N:"yeah sure. Talk to you later Luz"

Luz:"ok, see ya"

Outside..........

Y/N:I go outside wearing some sport shorts and a blue tank top and noticed Homura wearing a red track suit. "You look really great" I complemented her.

 "You look really great" I complemented her

Homura:"thanks, glad you like it." *clears her throat* "now, for today we'll be focusing on speed. Insect breathing is a suitable technique for those with no arm strength or who are quick to move, this breathing style mostly involves in fast thrusting attacks. Like an insect injecting poison on their opponents once they strike."

Y/N:"so then, where do we start?"

Homura: *brings out a standing dummy* "I attached some small target onto this doll, so your job is to hit them in quick section. Think you can do that?"

Y/N:"watch me" I said in confidence as I draw my sword and went to strike at the targets.

——————————————

Y/N:*panting on his knees* "man! My lunge are tried out and my arms are tired"

Homura:"come on, don't give up! Your so close matching Shinobu's speed. Let's take a quick break and continue on, alright?"

Y/N:"ok fine" I sit down to catch my breath, when just then, something alerted me.

Y/N & Homura:!!!!!!!!!!!

Homura:just one look, we both knew something bad was about to occurred. "Y/N, I'm feeling like the ground is screaming and something big is coming"

Y/N:"yeah, I'm getting the scent of bloodlust and it even smells to be a beast"

Hooty:"Hooty to the rescue!" *wraps around the duo and hoists them away*

Y/N:"woah! Hooty what's going on?!"

Homura:"we're about to find out!"

*CRACK!* *BOOM*

*HISS!*

Y/N:bursting from the ground was a huge Blood Scorpion with a big instinct to kill. "Holy-"

Homura:"that is the sickest looking thing I've ever seen" as Hooty gently sets us down, Eda comes rushing in.

Eda:I quickly step in and throw some potions and smoke bombs and the scorpion. "That thing has been digging up my fields and trying to steal junk for the past year!"

Hooty:"I don't like him! Because I'm the only creature allowed to dig through the earth!" *launches ahead*

Eda:I throw tons of potions and the scorpion is inflicted with pain from the blasts. "That'll teach for messing with the Owl lady!" I said rushing to deliver the final blow, but before I could, the scorpion jumps up at with claws ready to strike. "Oh no!"

Scorpion:*high pitch hissing!*

Y/N & Homura:"EDA!!!" *rush in at full speed* Total concentration!

Homura:"Beast breathing Fifth fang: Crazy Cutting!" I get Eda behind me as I draw out my swords and slice from all directions, pushing its claws back. "Your up, Y/N!"

Y/N:I jump high up as I come down towards the scorpion. Don't screw this up! Don't screw this up! I immediately regain focus as I spotted the scorpion's weak points. Insect breathing: Butterfly Dance-Caprice!

*STRIKE*

Scorpion:*shrieking in pain*

Y/N:I hit all of its weak points in five directions and collapsed to the ground, but it's soon stood up again and unleashed its fangs forward. "You think that'll scare me? Think again!" Insect breathing: Dance of the Dragonfly-Compoundeye Heptagon! I strike the scorpion's face six. I quickly back away with Hooty next to me as Eda proceeds to throw more potions at the monster. "That thing just won't back down, huh?"

Hooty:"I got a plan to defeat it! I heard somewhere that the Scorpion's weak spots are in the center of the chest"

Y/N:"really? Well,care to land me a hand with this?"

Hooty:"you got it!" *shoots forward and wraps around the Scorpion while holding it down*

Y/N:"atta boy, Hooty! I'll handle the rest!" I get into a running stance as I take a huge breath. Insect breathing: Dance of the Centipede-Hundred leged Zigzag! I dash and run in a zigzag, making the Scorpion unable to keep its eyes on me.

Scorpion:*shrieks! Brings its stinger up from under*

Y/N:I noticed the stinger coming up, but I immediately did a front flip, avoiding the stinger by mire inches as I land on the tail. "Rest in peace! Insect breathing: Dance of the Bee Sting-True Flutter!"

Scorpion:*shriek!* *collapses down*

Y/N:and with that, the monster goes down in defeat. "We did it! Is everyone ok?"

Homura:"yeah, no injuries and minimal damage. Also, Eda seems to be very happy about this new outcome" I said pointing at her near the beast.

Eda"WWWOOOOOOHH! This thing has been on the bounty list for a while, we're gonna get so much cash out of this guy" I said celebrating with Hooty.

Homura:"glad things worked out well in the end. So, you wish to continue with training?"

Y/N:"are you kidding? The day has hardly even started and I still have plenty of energy inside me!"

Homura:he says all that with a proud look. "Well then, in that case let's continue with what we have here with a different style"