19.Stone & Sound breathing

Outside, in a large field..........

Dell:we then head outside to one of my old training grounds. Where me and Y/N, get started. "Now, listen closely Y/N. I understand you want to master every breathing style to become strong enough to face the emperor, but you must know that it won't be as easy as you may think. Mastering all breathing styles is like trying to learn multiple languages and the emperor has had decades of training and knowledge over all magic. So, I'll ask you this once. Are you prepared for the intense training that I'm about to give you?"

Y/N:I look at him straight in the eye and loudly answered. "Yes sir!"

Dell:"good. Starting today I'll have you try and master two breathings styles at once. Stone & Sound breathing. Be prepared to properly perform these techniques, because the weapons required to use these styles are different from your regular sword"

Y/N:*pulls his sword out* "I'm ready"

Dell:"then let's begin" *summons a huge cloud of mist* "we'll start with Sound breathing. Listen to your opponent's movements and attacks, then strike when the moment comes. You've memorized the 5 forms for Sound breathing so, show what you know!"

Y/N:I quickly set stance and put my guard up as I listen carefully to my surroundings. Relying on hearing is so much more different then on my sense of smell. I just gotta listen carefully to what's happening close to me and pinpoint his location. *hears footsteps* I can sense that his close by to my left side, but is Dell coming from behind or is he in front of me? Let's find out! *shifts to the side and raises his sword high* Total concentration Sound breathing First form: Roar!

*BOOM!*

Dell:the mist disperses, allowing me to appear in the open. Y/N immediately sees me as he charges at me. He slammed his sword against the ground to push back the mist cloud. Very clever. "Let's see how you handle these" *creates bird illusions*

Y/N:"so, your capable of making illusions too? That won't stop me! Sound breathing Second form: Musical-Score technique!" I rush forward and strike at the birds from every direction as I sense them coming close. After finishing up with the birds I ducked inside a small cloud of mist that remained. I think I know what to do! Sound breathing Third form: Quiet Feet. I change my foot work, so my steps become lighter. Thus, helping me sneak up on Dell without knowing.

Dell:I'm listening carefully, but I can't here his footsteps anywhere. I can't detect where he might strike. He, if Y/N thinks he can use my own mist against me, then think again. I hit the ground with the end of my staff and summon a cluster of large vines all around me.

Y/N:I slowly hop around the mist and avoid the vines, which stop me from getting close to Dell and making my presence noticeable. "Guess there's no point in hiding at this point. Better to charge ahead while trimming this plants" Total concentration, Sound breathing Fourth form: Constant Resounding Slashes! I rapidly spin my sword in my hand as I slashed the vines above me. More of them slowly come towards me as I prepare to charge ahead. Fifth form: String Performance! I swing and spin my sword from both sides and cut my way through the vines as I see Dell from the distance.

Dell:Y/N trimmed down does vines like it was nothing! He's a quick learner and reading his opponent's moves.

Y/N:*point his sword towards Dell* "you should give up, master. I believe I am the victor"

Dell:"no bad, Y/N. But this ain't exactly over yet my boy"

Y/N:"what do you mean?"

Dell:"say hello to my little friend" I hit the ground with my staff and summon a beast behind me.

(I do not own this art. Credit should go to the original artist)

Tree Monster:*roars!*

Y/N:"......hello...little friend...."

*BAM!*

Y/N:the tree giant slams his giant arm against the ground, trying to get a hit me. I leaped back and avoid its attack as I quickly got my breathing under control. "This one's gonna take a lot of brute force to defeat. So, I'll...."

Tree Monster:*begins charging towards Y/N*

Dell:let's see what else you can do, kid.

Y/N:Total concentration, Stone breathing First form: Serpentinite Bipolar! I throw my sword with full force and pierces at the tree monster's center, causing him to fall on its back. This form does technically requires you to throw your weapon at the target, but it follows up with manipulating the weapons with a chain, for better attack range. Even so, if it lands a direct hit and damage, then that buys me enough time to rush in for another attack! I run and jumped on top of monster as I pulled my sword out and raised it high. Stone breathing Second form: Upper Smash!

*BOOM!*

Tree monster:*cracks* "rrrrraaaauuugghhh!!!"

Y/N:I slam my sword down at the tree giant's face and broke through it's main body. Before I could pull back, the monster extended it's finger like branches and swirl them around me. I immediately slashed and blocked all of the branches from every directions. Third form: Stone Skin! As I finally had open space around me again I jumped back and landed a few feet away from the monster.

Tree monster:*stands up on it's feet*

Dell:quite an amazing performance this boy is delivering. Along with his skills and quick to strategize. This boy is showing some real promise.

Tree monster:*extends it's claws out*

Y/N:"look like I really made this thing mad now. Guess it's about time wrap this up" *dashes forward* Stone breathing Fourth form: Volcanic Rock-Rapid Conquest! I slashed through its brand claws as I swing my sword around in a wide range attack.

Tree monster:*raises it's claw high*

Y/N:"Fifth form: Arcs of  Justice!" I close the gap between us and waist no time to strike again. I sliced off it's arms in quick motion and delivered a vertical slash, slicing the monster in two.

Dell:the boy defeats my beats as I stand amazed of what I'd just witnessed. "Incredible" I say to myself as walked over to the boy. "In all my years I've never met someone who could withstand against me and my beasts, let alone fighting while learning to use new breathing styles"

Y/N:"I've mostly been taking notes and memorizing books"

Dell:"well, I can see you ha be great potential and a good heart. If you wish to continue training under me, then I look forward to seeing on how much you'll grow.

Y/N:after proving myself to the former Hashira, I then begin 3 weeks of harsh training.