16.Thunder Breathing

A Few Minutes Later............

Y/N:I get into a meditation position as I clear my mind and calmly breath slowly while feeling the energy flowing through my body.

Homura:"now for some of the forms in Thunder breathing you'll required to do it in two different ways. So, we'll start with the 1st & 7th form. Get down on one knee, take slow breaths and focus all that energy into your legs"

Y/N:*kneels down while holding his sword by the waist* I look straight at the wooden dummy as I focus my strength and energy into my legs. Thunder breathing First form: Thunder Clap & Flash!

*DASH!* *ZAP!* *SLICE!*

Y/N:I stand back up and look back at Homura. "How's that?"

Homura:"good job! Just try not overdo it, some of the form can literally burn your flesh"

Y/N:"I'll be ok" I then noticed the target high above a tree, at least 20 meter high up. Breath, for this I can't just have the energy flow through my legs, but all over me. I grip my sword tightly, kneel down and let out heavy breaths as I feel my adrenaline going up. It took me a while to fully understand this form after reading my notes and the Thunder Hashira, Zenitsu, but I'll focus on what I can do right now! Thunder breathing Seventh form! *jumps up at full speed* at the speed of light I dash up the tree as I cut through the branches, making a clear path way.

*ZAP!*

Y/N:"Flaming Thunder God!" I strike the huge target in two as I eventually land on the ground and catch my breath.

Homura:"hey, are you alright? That form does a huge toll on the user. So, I would suggest using that as a last resort."

Y/N:"noted" I sat down near the tree with Homura next to me as I decided to take a quick break. "Hey so, what do need to do for the other forms again?"

Homura:"you pretty much do the same thing with the 1st and 7th form, but things get a bit risky from there. For the other forms you need to harness the energy inside you so that it can form into lighting, but you gotta be careful not to let the light hit any of your inside, like the organs or heart"

Y/N:"oh I see, so I just need to be careful on how I use this breath style" I said getting back up and pulling my sword out. "So, what do I need to do"

Homura:"if you let the energy in your body flow, so will the lighting as you guide it with your arms and your sword like an arrow. Try to maintain your breathing and not let the adrenaline get to you or the light will kill you"

Y/N:"right!" I breath heavily as I spread my arms wide and held my sword straight.

Homura:"good pose, let the lightning move back and forth from your arm, down to your stomach, and back to the other arm that's holding your sword, like an arrow guiding it through"

Y/N:I can really feel it, the lightning going through me. Direct the lightning to your sword and unleash it! *static emits from Y/N body and sword* Total concentration, Thunder breathing Second form: Rise Spirit! I unleash five arc slashes in quick session as the lightning disappears. "I did it!"

Homura: I was impressed with how well Y/N is doing so far as I watch from a distance. So far so good, but it's important that he over does it. "Not bad, but let's see how well you do next. Surprise attack!" *pulls down a rope*

Y/N:suddenly, hundreds of sticks and branches fall down above as I think quickly. Third form: Thunder Swarm! I cut all the vines to bits as I release multiple horizontal slashes from all directions. I soon focus to another direction where I see 4 wooden dummies standing behind some bushes. "Fourth form: Distant Thunder!" More lighting surrounds me as I unleashed a huge burst of lightning strikes, hitting the dummies in the process.

Homura:it's amazing and scary how well his performing, but you can't help but worry that he might be getting carried away.

Y/N:I take slow breaths to slow down my heart rate as to not let the adrenaline get to me. I then noticed another dummy from above a tree, I harness the energy around me as I wave my sword around. Thunder breathing Fifth form: Heat Lighting!" I point my sword up as send a huge lightning bolt at the dummy, that completely burns it in the process. Using the fifth form felt like using my fire breathing, I can balance the lighting inside me like a Fire flowing around me. I spotted the last three dummies as I leaped up high. Thunder breathing Sixth form: Rumble and Flash! I unleashed multiple long lightning strikes from afar at the wooden dummies, destroying them all.

Homura:I'm impressed by watching him striking all the targets as I applaud for his accomplishment. "Amazing! It's been a while since I've seen someone perform Thunder breathing like that"

Y/N:"thanks, I ain't gonna lie, it felt pretty intense using actual lighting like that. As powerful as this breath style is, I'll most likely be using it as last resort"

Homura:"yeah, that may be for the best. But I hope you still got some strength in you because we're not done yet with you training here"

Y/N:"what?! I though you said Thunder breathing had 7 forms!"

Homura:"heheheheh, we'll let's just say Zenitsu got really creative with the first form" I explain it to Y/N as we headed out of the woods.