Chapter- 1

Thank you so much @DaveyHawkes  for this prettiest banner! I am in love with it

Thank you so much @DaveyHawkes for this prettiest banner! I am in love with it. This has captured the essence of the story so well. Love you gal!

This time, my female protagonist is a bit different from the usual ones and so is the male protagonist due to the needs of the story. Yes, she is a bit weak and unsure of herself, unlike my other's.

Please comment you thoughts guys. They mean a lot!🙏🙏

Mythili's POV -

" Lecture dismissed. Your exams start next week and I want all your assignments to be turned in by tomorrow evening. You all already have my mail id." Sangeeta ma'am, our history lecturer instructed us before walking out of the classroom.

" Oh man what is her problem? All she cares about are the damn assignments!" Amita, my best friend whined sitting next to me.

" I know right. Such a nonsense." Hritik, her boyfriend who was sitting right behind us agreed with her and I rolled my eyes at the two of them.

" Stop acting as if you both actually do any assignment. All you do is take mine and paraphrase it before submitting." I said while keeping my notebook in the bag as we were making way out of the class towards the canteen.

" Night out people? It's my birthday!" Viraj said as he walked towards where we were sitting.

" Oh we are on for tonight." Amrita cheered and then sadly looked towards me.

" Enjoy, you guys and a very happy Birthday Viraj. I hope you have a great year ahead." I wished him before standing up.

" Thank you. I hope you could come too." He had a look of pity in his eyes with I loathed.

" Next time. I gotta go now. See you all for the exam." I said before walking towards where my father's car always waits for me as a I slipped in. These were the perks of being born in a household loaded with money but no one to bother for you.

My college is in Vile Parle and home in Powai. This car was gifted to me on my 19th birthday by my father who threw a grand party on the occasion. Ironically, I knew no one who was present and wishing me. In fact, half the people didn't even know who the birthday girl was.

Anyway, I prefer this over the attention now. Al least I am mostly left alone to myself!

It was about forty minutes till I was back home and as I was making way to my bedroom, my younger brother Rajveer threw his tennis ball at my arm, taking me by surprise. It did hurt a bit but all he did was laugh. I picked the ball and threw it back to him, obviously not aiming to him. I wasn't that petty.

As I climbed up the stairs to my save haven, I found a plate of lunch kept on the table properly just like always. I went to freshen up, changed and then sat down to have lunch, alone. Not that I minded it but some company would have been nice.