Chapter- 18

Please vote and comment! Motivates a lot!

Finally what you guys were waiting for even when I suck at writing the Male Protagonist's POV😂

But anyway, here you go lol.

Shivaay's POV -

Right from the first minute I laid my eyes on Mythili, there was something about her which kept on drawing me towards her. She had a kind of innocence within her which I will protect till my last breath. Her self doubt is one thing that never ceases to surprise me. In these months, there hasn't been one time that she has asked me for anything except for that cat.

She wants nothing and cares about everything. She says nothing but thinks about everyone. She has given up on herself and that was one thing which didn't settle well with me.

" Mr. Rathore, you are home. I'll get your dinner. You can go and freshen up." Mythili, who was sitting in front of the Television said as I walked in after dealing with her parent's who were planning to send some questionable allegation notices to her. It took my lawyers a few hours to get them quashed.

I loosened my tie and gave her a nod before going up to the room where I saw her books and highlighters lying on the bed along with her dupatta and I couldn't help but smile at the sight. This room did not feel mechanical anymore, unoccupied anymore. Her things lying around made it more humane and I felt a warmth within.

I changed and made my way downstairs to the dining table where she had already placed food and was just getting water for me.

" Thank you." I told her and she rewarded me with one of her smiles, sitting next to me.

" How was your first day at work?" I asked her while she was having her dinner too. Maa had already gone to bed. It was late.

" It went really good. Shalini ma'am had asked me to read a few marketing cases and then summarise them for her." She replied and I nodded. It was her training going on and will continue till the end of this week. From the next one, she will actually start working on the projects.

We were done with the dinner and she took the plates which I let her because Maa had asked me to let her feel at home and do these normal things so that she stops seeing herself as an unwanted burden anymore. I didn't agree with her but I would not go against her either.

" Go to bed Mythili. You have an early college and then work." I asked her when I saw her reaching for the Television remote once again. It was almost midnight.

" Just one last episode Mr. Rathore. Promise!" She said without even looking at me and focusing on the screen religiously and I shook my head in amusement before going up to the room.

I had a few compliance reports to read and approve. The recent acquisition was not just bringing money and investors to the Company, along with that, good reputation and the stock prices were soaring high. For that, everything needed to be on time because we were answerable to the investors. Once I was done with the first file, it was already two and Mythili was still not here.