Chapter- 24

Please vote and comment! Motivates a lot!

Mythili's POV -

In his arms, I found my home.

This was a line I found to be a bit overrated whenever I used to read those romance novels but I could feel this happening with me as I looked at this man, my husband who has brought me to the kitchen, placing me on the counter as he made his way to the fridge.

" What are you doing Shivaay?" I asked, picking up an apple from the fruit basket and playing with it as I found him fidgeting.

" Getting us something to eat." He hummed without really paying attention to me and my brows furrowed.

" But why? I've already eaten lunch!" I exclaimed, getting down and walking towards him.

" Have you?" He turned around, raising a brow and I immediately nodded.

" I have, promise! But now I know that you haven't." I realised and took his hands in mine, dragging him out to the dining table.

" Sit here. I will get something for you to eat." I told him and was about to get back into the kitchen when I found him holding my wrist, stopping me.

" You don't have to Mythili. It's your birthday. I will order something in." He said and I immediately found myself shaking my head in a no.

" Not a chance. You are rarely home for lunch or dinner these days. Besides, I am your wife and I want to cook for you and I will. So will you please sit down and let me do what I wish to Mr. Rathore?" When did I get so bold? What was going on?

" Mrs. Rathore, I knew that somewhere in there, this version of you was hidden. Had I known that it is going to reveal itself once we kiss, I would have done it sooner." His teasing smile made my heart flutter and his words raised heat under my skin as I squirmed under his gaze.

" Shivaay, let me go and get something for you to eat." I said, looking away, trying to take control over my racing heart. As much as the kiss was everything I wanted, I wasn't really sure that I was ready for something more just yet. I know that he would understand but at the same time, I didn't want to disappoint him.

" If you insist, Mrs. Rathore." He said, his smile still intact but it wasn't a teasing one anymore as he let go of my wrist.

" I will be right back." I said, rushing inside, away from him as I kept a hand on my racing heart in an attempt to calm myself down.

This man knows how to steal my breath away without even trying!

" Okay Mythili, get to work!" I talked to myself and started chopping onions and tomatoes for the gravy of Shahi Paneer after trying my hair in a bun and tying my dupatta at the ends but a few irritating hair locks made their way to my face and I constantly pushed them back while working.