Chapter- 5

Please vote and comment! Motivates a lot!

Mythili's POV -

It was as if both sleep and I had given up on each other. I lay there awake with my eyes closed while my only source of comfort was the light from Mr. Rathore's laptop in the otherwise dark room. He was sitting on the very same armchair with his laptop as I let tears silently roll down my cheeks.

I wanted a home, my home. Not the one where I had stayed all my life and not here. I wanted a place I could call my home and in my 21 years, I had not found that place.

I wiped my tears away and pulled the duvet right up till my face as I shivered a little.

What was I going to do? Marry him? Will he let me study any further and maybe work or will I be expected to just bear his children and become a mother? Will my identity only be that of Shivaay Singh Rathore's wife? Could I live with myself for that?

" Please sleep Mythili or you will lose your mind if your mind keeps scaring you like this. Please sleep." I whispered very slowly to myself and turned myself to the right, the duvet still covering my face.

I don't know when finally sleep did take over but I was just glad that it did, temporarily putting me out of the mental agony I was in.

....................................................

The next time my eyes opened was because of the sharp light of beam on my face. I looked around and saw the unfamiliar room I was in and immediately threw myself out of the bed.

This had gone too far. First, I was living as a prisoner at my father's place and now I am supposed to live under the watch of my to-be husband's?

" What is the meaning of this life?" I asked to myself and the similar feelings from last night started to creep within me, once again.

" We are not your captors beta." I turned towards the door to find the source of the voice. It was Mrs. Rathore as she came and stood in front of me and as much as I wanted to tell her that it was exactly how I felt, I bit my lip to stop uttering anything that could offend her or her son.

For a moment, we continued to look at each other before she pulled me for a hug and I for some reason, did not have it in me to not seek the emotional comfort that I was being offered and the moment she stoked my head gently, I could not hold my tears back.

" Shh. It's okay. Come here." She guided me back to the bed as she took a seat right next to me and took hold of my hands.

" Yesterday, what you father did to you, you did not deserve any of it. No one deserves that." Her voice choked a bit towards the end before she composed herself once again and gave me a sad smile. It was not as much a look of pity as it was of understanding my feelings.

I did not know what to say or how to tell her that the slap did not hurt me as much as their silence did when I was being taken away and so, I kept quiet.