Chapter- 3

Please vote and comment! Motivates a lot!

Mythili's POV -

I couldn't have been more grateful for the fact that whoever was standing in front of me did not attempt to snatch away my solitude because eventually, I heard a phone go off and the footsteps traced away from me. Even then, for some reason I did not dare to open my eyes for a long time.

" Excuse me ma'am." I heard a voice and I finally opened my voice to find a waiter with a plate of food on it as I looked at him, confused.

" This is your dinner. I was told that you have not eaten anything." He handed me over the plate and before I could ask him anything, he walked away.

" I am not hungry." I talked to myself and kept the plate of food on the swing next to mine. I was desperately waiting to get home. These parties bore me out senseless. I sat there for a long time, enjoying the cool breeze caressing my face as I then, for my comfort, rested my head at the chain of the swing.

For some extremely weird reason, the dance proximity with Mr. Rathore was still bothering me very much. I could still feel the jitters on my waist where he had held me.

" Mythili I really think you need a psychiatrist because you are clearly losing your mind." I scolded myself and then, once again my eyes went to the food which was kept near me.

" Who bothered to notice enough to know that I didn't eat anything like I always do in these parties?" I asked myself. Yes, I had this weird habit of talking to myself since others won't.

" I did." I heard a female voice which made me stand up and turn around to see. It was Mrs. Malini Rathore who was standing there in all her glory. Her face did not throw away any emotions but I could see her eyes softened ever since I came back after dancing with her son.

" Mrs. Rathore umm....thank you so much." I was completely caught off guard as I thanked her. She said nothing, just picked the plate of food kept next to me and gave it to me. I obviously had no other option than to take it.

" You should eat. It is not healthy to stay hungry for such a long time." She looked at the food and then towards me.

All I could do was give her a slight nod with a smile as I took a bite of butter naan with Mushroom Masala reluctantly.

" Thank you." I said once again as she was walking back inside. I never got a reply but for some reason, the warmth I felt from her was more than I ever felt from my own mother.

" Why do people have to be so weird?" I said as finished eating and walked back inside to dispose off the plate where my father called for me. Rajveer had fallen asleep in his arms.

" Yes dad?" I asked him. He gave my brother in my arms all of a sudden and since he was not a boy fit to be sleeping in anyone's arms at this age because of this height and weight, I stumbled back.