Chapter- 9

Please vote and comment! Motivates a lot!

Mythili's POV -

In the evening, I made a temporary bed for Snowflake in my room using old bedsheets and some foam and as time passed, she climbed on the bed and closed its eyes after having the milk while I was called down for dinner.

" Feeling any better aunty?" I asked her as she sat there with Shivaay. They seemed to be talking before I walked in.

" I am all good beta. It's Diwali next week and we hold a puja at Shivaay's office every year. This time is no different. Anamika will be coming back for good too from Leeds after finishing up her post-graduation exams in the next three days. It is going to be a big event this time, given we have an addition in the family." She gave me a polite smile which I forced myself to return as I went on to sit next to her.

" I'd love to help you out in any way I can." I told her honestly. Anything to keep myself busy at the moment.

" We do host a party on the eve of Diwali too every year right here at home. Your parents used to come all the time, why didn't you?" She asked as she looked like she was in a deep thought and I was a bit embarrassed. Of course I knew about those parties!

" I always avoided your Diwali parties aunty because when my parents would come to your place along with my brother, I used to call my friends over for a while where we had a fun time together, like our party." I decided to go with the truth, hoping that I hadn't offended her.

" I am surprised your father allowed it." It was Mr. Rathore who spoke up all of a sudden this time as my eyes followed to look at him.

" He never found out. The house staff usually had a 3 days holiday and those who were there never complained or let any mess remain. In fact the cook used to make our favourite stuff and stock it in the refrigerator before leaving." I have no idea how it was so easy to tell them the truth instead of lying but it was and somewhere inside, I knew that they were looking out for me.

" You may call your friends here for this party. In fact, you all can have your own party at the terrace instead of joining us in the boring one. Who knows, I'll end up joining you all, leaving Shivaay and his work talks." Aunty offered.

" Oh no aunty, I can't. You have already done so much for me. I wouldn't want to be a bother." I said. I really didn't want to be anymore of a bother than I already was, to be honest. They were kind enough not to make me feel like that at all and Mr. Rathore even allowed to let me keep Snowflake but now, nothing else.

" Nonsense. I would love to meet your friends and Mythili, as I said, you are family now. You are one of us. Is family ever a bother?" She posed a question that I'd love to answer in a yes but didn't dare to.

" Shivaay, tell her that it's okay." Aunty was now looking at him as he nodded in a yes.

" You are supposed to have company at this time and this is your home now. I don't see a problem. Apart from the terrace, you can have your friends over at any corner of the house." He said as we were finished eating and I almost choked on my water as I looked at him, my eyes widening.