Chapter- 16

Please vote and comment! Motivates a lot!

Mythili's POV -

After the rest of the rituals and the reception ceremony, I was so exhausted that all I could do was just think about going to bed.

" Maa I have to leave for San Francisco in an hour. There has been some issues with the acquisition papers and it is imperative for me to be there right now." Shivaay said as he made his way to where I was sitting with Malini Aunty, Anamika and Amrita. He had excused himself from me a while ago as his phone had gone off.

" Shivaay! Beta you both just got married. How can you leave like this? This is not fair for Mythili." Aunty gave me a sad look and an annoyed one to her son.

" No Aunty, please! It's work. Why will I mind at all?" I immediately intervened. I had no intention to hold him back from his work of life just because we got married. How on Earth could I possibly put another sort of pressure on him?

" Beta...." Aunty started to speak once again but I kept one hand on hers.

" Aunty, it's okay. I have you all, don't I?" I asked her, trying to stop her from stopping Shivaay.

" I will try to be back in two weeks." Shivaay first gave me a brief look before turning his head to aunty.

" Two weeks? Shivaay what is the meaning of this? You'll leave your newly wedded wife alone for two weeks?" She stood up, facing him.

" Bhai take Mythili with you, then!" Anamika suggested in an overly chirpy voice and I immediately stood up, a no coming out of me.

That's when all the eyes were on me.

" I....I mean to say that I can't go because of college. This semester is quite important. I cannot afford to miss two weeks." I lied. There was no chance that I was going to be alone with him for two weeks! He isn't supposed to be tied to me just because he is married.

" Mythili is right. It is her last year. Besides, I will be working all day for the next two weeks until the acquisition gets settled. She is better off here." He thankfully agreed with me and Malini aunty nodded reluctantly.

" Fine. I'll go home with both of you, perform the grah-pravesh ceremony and then immediately come back to wind up things here with Anamika and Nupur. Mythili, please make sure that your husband eats something before leaving because once he gets busy with work, even hunger isn't something that can distract him. He hasn't had dinner yet." Aunty said before we were leaving and I nodded, sitting in the car.

The car ride was him on calls while I rolled a bit of the window down to let cool air hit my face as I took a deep breath. Aunty had closed her eyes, resting. She worked a lot today. The roads were fairly empty so it didn't take us more than half an hour to reach home.

" Shivaay beta, if you don't stop talking over your phone in the next ten seconds, I will throw it away, no matter how expensive it is." She threatened him as we got down and this time, I couldn't stop myself from laughing when he actually told the person over call that he'll call him back in a while as Aunty went inside the house, instructing us to wait outside for a while.