Chapter- 4

Please vote and comment! Motivates a lot!

Mythili's POV -

" I am not going to ask you again Mythili. Where were you?" Dad got up and walked towards me and for a split second, I thought he was going to hit me. Thankfully, he didn't.

" I...I was, I had gone out." The anger in his eyes scared me so much that I could feel tears forming in my eyes and voice choking. What did I think before leaving or more importantly, why didn't I think before leaving?

" You did not take your car, your phone was in your room, the parents of your friends had no idea where you were and you did not tell anyone. What is this kind of behaviour? Is this what I have taught you?" Mom asked me with utmost irritation in her voice and as once again I opened my mouth to speak, my nasty little brother beat me to it.

" I saw her jumping down her bedroom's window with her friends when I was coming back from the school." That evil spawn pointed at me and laughed and I gulped in fear. This was not looking good for me at all.

" She what?" Dad asked in a fierce low voice and before I could realise it, he had given me a tight blow on my left cheek as I stumbled back and my hand involuntarily went upto my face. It happened so all of a sudden that I couldn't even process it.

" Kapoor you do not slap a woman, daughter or not." Mr. Rathore's voice roared in the otherwise silent hall and he walked up to my father with three long strides and held him by his collar. His back was as stiff as a board and jaw clenched in anger. My mother was immediately by my father's side and so was Rajveer.

" We are leaving, mother. I will marry her but she is not staying here for another minute and Kapoor, you will get the debt waiver you were desperately seeking for after I wed your daughter." Shivaay Singh Rathore announced before walking out of the house without sparing another glance to anyone.

The tears I was desperately holding back finally made their way out. I could have easily avoided the topic of getting married by sabotaging the dinner somehow but no, I had to run and enjoy and as a punishment for an afternoon of enjoyment, I will be tied to a man for all my life.

If there are any gods, they have never been fair on me. All I wanted was to study and get a job like most of the others around me are planning to, but now, even my dreams have been snatched away from me and who knows, maybe I will be forbidden from dreaming altogether soon.

" Mrs. Kapoor you are a woman yourself. How could you allow this to happen to your own daughter?" I heard Mrs. Rathore ask my mother but i didn't bother to hear her reply. I was too busy thinking about my escape plan because most definitely, I couldn't go with them.

Mrs. Rathore walked over to me and held my arm gently as she started to make me walk with her away from my so-called family towards the door.

I looked at my mother and father, expecting them to stop me, wanting them to stop me because I'd rather be ill-treated and beaten blue and blue than getting married. At least I am used to them.