Chapter 7

Heyyy, so this chapter has a little bit of bullying and I guess a bit of sexualization in it, and of course some unintentional misgendering and dead-naming since people at Hogwarts don't know that Regulus is a boy and all that jazz. I hope this makes sense, I just wanted to point it out incase it might upset anyone.

<3

---------------------

The first night back, during the feast, I looked over and saw my brother and his friends. They seemed to be having fun. Pettigrew was there too, he was talking to them about something, the other three nodding earnestly. Probably that prank James was talking about on the train.

I hope he was joking when he said 'no promises'.

There were people at the Slytherin table whispering. I know it was about me. But I paid as little attention to them as I could, or pretended like I wasn't paying attention.

The feast went by relatively fast and Dumbledore said the whole welcome back speech before dismissing us off to bed. On the way out of the Great Hall, Sirius waved at me, I waved back discreetly before following the rest of the Slytherins back to the common room.

"Maia, there's a little get together in the common room, wanna go?" Pandora asked me later on in the dorm room. Despite people making rumours about us being lesbians or whatever, she doesn't really care and is still more than social with a lot of people.

"Uh, not really, but you go on and join them," I said, looking up from my divination book that I was going through. I like divination, it's my favourite class out of all of them and one of the subjects I'm getting an Outstanding in.

"Aw, come on, it will be fun! Besides, you never hang out with anyone other than me or your cousin." She pleaded, using the puppy eyes that work on everyone besides me.

I wanted to tell her that I don't fit in with that group of girls that always hang out on the first night back, and that I don't particularly like them either, but I couldn't. I don't know why, but I ended up agreeing.

Before I knew it, we were sitting in a circle in the common room with about half the girls in Slytherin. Lovely.

"Let's play truth or dare!" One of them suggested. I thought it was the most horrible idea ever, but everyone else agreed so I didn't really have a choice. I barely knew anyone here, only knew about three of their names, including Pandora.

There were a few rounds where neither Pandora or I got picked, I didn't mind one bit, but Pandora looked a little down because no one wanted to pick her. Maybe if I got picked then I could ask her. But I don't really want to get picked...

"Maia, truth or dare?" One of the older girls asked me. Well I guess I don't have a choice now.

"Um, dare?" I didn't pick truth because I knew they'd ask me about why I ran away or something like that, and I really didn't want to talk about that right now.

"I dare you to... let us give you a makeover!" She seemed pleased with herself.

"No." I accidentally said before I covered my mouth with my hands.

"Uh, no- no makeup. I don't like makeup. It messes with my skin." I made up an excuse and they all frowned but then her face lit up again.

"Can I see your jumper?" She asked and I knew it sounded suspicious but I was just happy that it wasn't a makeover so I was stupid enough to hand my grey jumper over to her. Worst mistake of my life.

"Let's give your uniform a makeover then! It's much too big!" She said with a smirk on her face. I wanted to kill her. The way magical truth or dare works, means that once the request is made and you start to answer the truth or they act on the dare, you can't say no or stop yourself.