Raking Leaves (Bad era) 🍂

Today, I was going to be outside raking leaves so that the yard would look neat and tidy.

Michael was planning on making hot chocolate for the both of us after I was finished.

As soon as I stepped out onto the front porch, the wind started blowing my hair, and I to reach up and move my hair out of my face.

Once I found a rake in the outdoor shed, I walked around to find a good place to start.

Michael was standing by the window while he watched me rake the leaves.

He laughed when I almost tripped over a big rock that had become separated from the flower bed.

I picked up the rock and put it back to it's original spot.

"Come over here and help me Michael"!

I called out to the singer.

"Nooo. It's cold outside".

He giggled, watching me roll my eyes at him.

"It's not that cold. You're just being a chicken".

I smirked.

"Hey! Don't call me a chicken, you little nugget".

Michael childishly stuck out his tongue at me.

I found a stick and then something that was alive and scaly hissed.

"Applehead! There's a venomous snake in the leaves and he's trying to bite me"!

I shouted.

After a few minutes, Michael came running outside in his Fall-themed pajamas.

"Where is it"?

"I don't know. He was here a second ago and then he disappeared. I think it's a copperhead".

I poked around the pile of leaves with the stick.

"Maybe we can use something to catch it. Then, we can let him go somewhere in the woods".

Michael said to me, and then I ran to the outdoor shed.

I found an empty bucket and then ran back to the leaf pile.

"Here. Use this".

I said, and gave the bucket to him.

Michael carefully waited for the snake to slither into the bucket, and once he did, he put a lid on top with holes in it so it could breathe.

"Now, he can't get out".

I smiled, and felt a shiver going down my spine upon hearing the copperhead let out a warning hiss.

After that, we took the scaly reptile to the woods where Michael let it go on the ground in a bush covered in leaves.