Michael Gets Sick (Invincible era) 🌡

It was about a week after we returned from our trip to Hawaii that Michael Jackson started to feel unwell.

His nose was stuffy and every now and then, he would have a sneezing fit.

"Oh Michael..."

I said, feeling worried about my husband.

"I think I have a cold".

Michael said, as he tried to breathe through his nose.

That didn't help him.

"I'll take your temperature with the thermometer. You should probably go upstairs and lay down for a little while".

I told the singer, and then walked out of the office.

Michael made his way to our bedroom and changed into his blue-striped pajamas.

He then started to feel a little dizzy.

"Ohhh...my head hurts".

I heard him moan.

After helping him get into bed, I put the thermometer in his mouth.

"Keep it under your tongue".

I instructed, and he did just that.

A few minutes later, the red part on the thermometer started to go up to about 100.5 degrees.

"Just as I thought. You've got a bad fever and a nasty cold".

I took the thermometer out of his mouth and laid it in a plastic cup to be sanitized later.

"I probably got it from somebody in Hawaii, or maybe while we were on our way home".

Michael said, and then felt a tickling sensation in his nostrils.

"A-a...ACHOO"!

"God bless you, honey".

I said, and then went to go get him a box of tissues from our bathroom.

When I came back, Michael had boogers dripping down from inside his nose.

"Thank you".

Michael said with a little smile and wiped his nose.

"Try not to wipe your nose too much or it'll irritate the skin on your nostrils even further. Maybe we should get some Puffs Plus tissues instead".

I said.

He shook his head.

"I can't use that kind because of the lotion that's in the material. My skin is really sensitive, remember"?

"Oh yeah, that's right. I forgot".

I replied.

Later on, while I was making chicken noodle soup for Michael, Prince and Paris wandered in after they were done with their schoolwork.

"Where's Daddy"?

Paris asked.

"He's in bed taking a cat nap".

I answered, while looking for Michael's favorite cup, which had Peter Pan on it.

Paris tried to go and see Michael, but I told her no.

"I don't want you guys catching whatever your Daddy's got. We have to leave him alone so he can get well again".

Paris started to get upset and I let out a sigh.

"I'll take you guys to see your Daddy when I get done making his lunch. But after that, you have to promise me that you'll leave him alone so he can rest, okay"?

"O-okay F/n..."

Paris wiped her tears away with the side of her hand.

After I fixed Michael something to drink, I placed everything on a tray and then went upstairs to our bedroom, with Prince and Paris following me from behind.

"Daddy"!

"W-what?? Oh...hi Paris".

Paris ran to her father's bedside and immediately climbed into his lap wanting his cuddles.

I let out a sigh before placing the tray that had Michael's lunch on the nightstand.

"I wish she would've just listened to me when I said that you were needed to be left alone while you're sick".

I told him, and Michael smiled as he stroked the side of his daughter's head affectionately.

"They're used to staying by my side, even when I get sick. It doesn't bother me".

Paris looked over at me and, knowing that she made a promise to me that she'd leave her Daddy alone after lunch made her feel even more sad.

"I just don't want them to get sick".

I said, and then Prince came into the bedroom.

"Daddy"?

He asked.

Michael could see how his son looked uncertain.

"Come here, Prince. You can stay with Daddy".

The king of pop patted the empty space and Prince smiled and ran over to crawl into the bed with his sister.

I had to smile at how cute it was seeing Michael and his precious little angels cuddling together on the bed.

And that's when I decided to join in.

"Aww, that's very sweet of you, honey".

Michael kissed me on the forehead, making me giggle.

"I love you Daddy".

Prince and Paris said together.

"I love you more".

Michael kissed his children and then I giggled.

"We love you most".