|1|

( A.N. : SORRY THAT THIS IS A SHORT CHAPTER AND NONE OF THE PEOPLE ARE INTRODUCED YET, THIS IS MORE OF AN OPENING CHAPTER TO HELP GUIDE INTO THE STORY. HOPE YOU ENJOY!)

I shoved the heavy metal office door that I had become accustomed to open, but this would be the last time. I stepped out and instantly realized it was pouring rain. "Great." I thought to myself. First, I get fired, and now I have to walk two blocks to my car in these stilletos, while it's raining.

I held my materials that I was forced to remove from my office space above my head to at least attempt to keep my hair and makeup intact for the party tonight.

I began walking to my car, dodging puddles and mud along the way. Whilst in my state of concentration, trying to avoid anymore mishaps that could make my day any worse, I happened to miss a banana peel in my path. Simply ironic, I know. And also, highly unlikely. As you can guess, wearing my 6 inch Lou Boutin stilletos, I stepped on the banana peel.

I flailed my arms in large circles, trying to keep my balance. Before I could have began moving my arms, I had to drop my box of things. They fell to ground and landed open side down, everything spilling out and scattering around on the wet pavement.

After making a complete idiot of myself in front of a large group of bystanders, I finally came to a halt and regained my ability to carry on my walk to my car. But, before I could, I had to put everything back into my box. I pinched the lining of my skirt to make sure it didn't fly up, and sat crisscrossed on the ground next to the box. I shut one eye and squinted the other, afraid that something was broken, and nervous to look.

I pushed the box, revealing all of my items, luckily unbroken. I picked up things one by one, taking my time to put things away, since my hair and makeup were already wrecked. I had only one more item left on the ground. I reached out for it, but a large hand snatched it away from my future grasp.