|7|

(A.N: SORRY THIS CHAPTER WILL SUCK, I WROTE IT WHEN I STILL HAD WRITERS BLOCK, SO ITS MORE OF A REALLY SHORT CHAPTER TO HELP GET ME OUT OF BEING STUCK IN THAT BLOCK PHASE. SO SORRY :( ...)

"I'm sorry I just came in, I found my old key and you didn't answer when I knocked on the door." He chuckled nervously, internally regretting that he had let himself in.

"Okay well, what are you here for? I suppose that it must be pretty important since you came in uninvited." I said, hints of rage in the last half of my statement.

"Uh..." I stood impatiently, tapping my foot and crossing my arms, uncaring for the fact that I was being rude. "I wanted to apologize for what happened last week, when I ki-"

I coughed loudly as Tyler finished off his phrase, making sure Josh didn't hear. After not hearing any motion from the closet and realizing that I had been successful, I replied.

"I forgive you. I was just having a really tough time with getting fired and then seeing you after such a long time brought back memories that I didn't necessarily want to remember."

He nodded his head shamefully, continuing to look down.

"Yeah, I understand. So, can I ask you something?"

I shifted nervously, trying to hide how fidgety I was really feeling. "Uh, yeah. Sure."

"I saw you at the party with a guy. When I ran downstairs to see you, you were gone. Who was it?"

I paused, unsure of whether or not I should tell him.

"His name is Joshua. He is a... close family friend." I lied, feeling a bit guilty, but protective over Josh.

"I see."

After finishing up my conversation with Tyler, he let himself out and I returned back into my room, releasing a breath of relief. I saw Josh standing outside of the closet, terrified expression on his face.

"Josh? What's wrong?" I gulped.

"Who was that?" He whispered, still staring off into space with wide eyes.

"My ex boyfriend, Tyler. Why?" I watched him stand there, that same expression never leaving his face.

"Tyler Joseph." He choked, almost as a weak whisper.

I furrowed my eyebrows, confused.

"Yes, how did you know that?"

"Did he ever tell you about the band he was in, Twenty One Pilots?"

"No, but I know he moved back to Ohio to pursue music with his brother." I explained, still trying to piece together how Josh would know Tyler.

"We are best friends. We were in a band together before I went to prison."

I felt my heart drop as I recalled Tyler mentioning something happening to his drummer.

"Wait, wait! He did. He told me just some stuff happened with his drummer, and that's why he came back to New York."

Josh nodded, looking shamed.

"Yeah, that drummer was me. Everything was going perfect, we were just beginning to get somewhere after releasing an album called Blurryface. And, one day, I woke up with police over my bed." He sighed.

"What happened with all of that? You never told me." I asked eagerly.

"That's a very long story for another time." He took a few steps toward my bed and sat on the edge, swallowing hard.

"He can't find out about me. You know that?" He murmured, biting his nail.

"I know."

"Promise me you will never tell him."

"I promise."