|14|

(A.N: GUYS, I HAVEN'T UPDATED IN OVER TWO MONTHS. PLEASE FORGIVE ME, MY GRADES HAVE BEEN SLIPPING AND I'VE REALLY DONE NOTHING EXCEPT FOR WORK ON GETTING MY GRADES UP AND STILL TRYING TO TAKE CARE OF MY OWN NEEDS. TODAY, I AM SICK. SAD, BUT I ACTUALLY HAVE TIME TO WRITE. I HAVE THOUGHT OF WHERE I AM EXACTLY GOING WITH THIS STORY, AND I CAN'T WAIT TO SHARE IT WITH YOU GUYS THROUGH OUT THE NEXT CHAPTERS. *EVIL LAUGH* ENJOY, AND STAY SICK! -FAITH)

I stared at the phone impatiently. I ran my finger over the small lettering on its side that I had never noticed before now. 

"Faith," Josh called out to me, his voice sounding annoyed. "you have been staring at the phone since you got back. It's only been an hour. It'll probably take some time for them to evaluate your application..." I shot him a dirty glance. He furrowed his eyebrows and frowned. He pursed his lips and went back to watching T.V, as he knew I was not giving up. 

I rested my elbow on my knee and then my hand on my chin. I began bouncing my knee out of pure anxiousness. I didn't just want this job. I needed it. Without it, I would not be able to support Josh, let alone myself. I sighed as I looked at my watch. It's been an hour and  a half since I got home. Maybe I was expecting too early. 

I stood up and began walking away from the phone, my eyes set on the sliver of couch that Josh was not taking up. I haven't felt his embrace since I woke up; far too long. I slightly squatted down to sit next to Josh, and he turned his face and looked down at me. He smiled sweetly down at me, his beaming eyes staring into mine. He placed his hand on my arm as he was about to fully spoon me.I craned my neck to reach his lips, as just as I felt his press against mine, there was a ringing that startled both of us. 

I realized where the ringing was coming from. I stared at the phone as it shook and jumped, waiting to be answered. I simpered, raising my eyebrows at Josh. He puckered his lips at me, silently begging me to ignore the phone and stay back to smooch him, but I couldn't miss the call. I got off of the couch and approached the phone slowly. I picked up the phone and grabbed curly cord, fiddling with it nervously. 

"Hello...?" I asked. 

"Hey, Faith. It's me, Jackson from Coastal Records. I've evaluated your application, and I am pleased to call you an official employee. Do you think that you could come in tomorrow at around noon for your first shift? We can talk about your work schedule and the tasks you have to complete." 

I pulled the phone away from my ear and covered the holes that you talk into, squealed and began jumping around. Josh knew that I had gotten the job and smiled back at me, making his way over to me for a congratulatory hug. I uncovered the phone to reply to Jackson. 

"Of course."

I arrived to the store the next afternoon. The sign that I had ran into yesterday was now gone, probably because the staff amount needed not be larger than three people. I pulled the handle to enter, and saw Jackson exactly how he was last time I had saw him. His bleach blonde hair fell in front of his eyes as he stared down at his phone, fidgeting with the cord of his earphones. He nodded his head to the music that I could hear, even from the other side of the store. He shook his head to move his hair out of the way of his eyes, and I saw that they were closed. I slowly walked up to the glass counter that he sat behind, not wanting to startle him. I ran behind the counter and stood behind him, grabbing his headphones off of his ears, jokingly. 

"Oh, hey!" He laughed. "Sorry, I was listening to my song and running over the choreography in my head. When I'm not practicing, I still have to be listening to music and practicing in my head." 

"Your song?" I blurted, confused if he had just worded it wrong, or if he was an artist.

"Yeah, I'm in a band. I doubt you've heard of us, though. We're based in South Korea." 

Immediately, I felt myself more drawn to him. Musical guys have always been my thing, and it was obvious. 

Just as I was about to begin questioning him about his band and musical talents, he cut me off.

"But, enough about me, let's talk about your schedule."

I didn't want to be done talking about him now. 

He pulled a sheet of paper with an empty chart on it. He began labeling the days of the week and then writing down numbers, explaining what needed to be done at my shifts and the times I was working. Or, at least, that's what was on my paper. I wasn't really listening to him. I just watched his lips move. They were a perfect shade of rosy pink, and looked so soft. I focused on every part of his body from his sweater on up, noticing everything that I hadn't noticed yesterday, and how good he looked. His jawline was a perfect angle that lead up to his ears, which were decorated with a few earrings on each side. His skin was extremely pale, making his piercing deep brown eyes the highlight of his face. His finger ran over his deep collar bone as he slightly leaned his head back, and my eyes scanned over his neck, his Adams apple slightly protruding from his throat. He was so good looking. 

After I assured myself that I found Jackson extremely attractive, I tuned back in to what he was saying and read over the information he had written down when I wasn't listening. We discussed the schedule, talked about dress, simple rules of the store, and I felt the meeting coming to an end. 

"So, you can keep this." He said, offering the schedule sheet to me. I grabbed it from him, smiling. 

"Alright, so I'll be in tomorrow. Have anything else to tell me?" I asked, hoping that he did so I could stay longer to admire him. 

"I don't believe so..." He said, making my smile fade. I nodded and began my walk down the aisle way to the door. I grabbed for the handle but was stopped when I heard a voice. 

"Wait, Faith?" 

I smiled and bit my lip, turning around. Jackson was standing for the first time since I met him, in front of the counter. He looked the same height as Tyler, towering over my height of 5 feet. He motioned me to come back over to him, and I did so. He smiled down at me shyly, and I smiled up at him, blushing. 

"I know this is kind of quick, but, I want to get to know my co-worker better. Could I take you for a few drinks?" He questioned, trying to avoid eye contact until the end. 

So, he is old enough to drink. He looks younger. Closer to my age then I thought. 

"Oh, really? Well, I have a pretty busy schedule... Maybe I can move some things, and I could meet you at 8?" I smirked, thinking to myself how smooth I was. 

He quietly laughed, nodding. "Perfect. Where would you like to go?"

I tapped my finger on my chin while I thought of where we could go. I wanted to go somewhere more public, since I couldn't go on dates with Josh anywhere public because he could be noticed.

It hit me.

Josh. 

I have a boyfriend for Christ sake, what the hell am I doing?

Just as I looked up again to reject his offer, he flashed his phone in front of my face, showing me a picture of a super cool club that I've always wanted to go to, but never had enough money to afford. I should reject, especially because I really do find him hot, but this may be my only chance to go.

"Duff's? I've always wanted to go there!" I smiled at him, my guilt still sitting in the pit of my stomach. 

"I'll see you there."