|11|

(A.N: SORRY THIS IS SUCH A SHORT CHAPTER GUYS, I NEEDED ANOTHER TRANSITION CHAPTER WHEN I GET BLOCK. I TRIED TO MAKE IT SORTA INTERESTING BUT I'M NOT SURE IF IT IS OR NOT. ANYWAYS, HERE IT IS. LOVE YOU GUYS, STAY AWESOME!)

I woke up to the infuriating sound of my alarm clock, and felt my head begin throbbing as soon as my eyes opened. I pressed firmly on my temples, trying to relieve the pain without having to move to get medication. Not to my surprise, the pain did not go away. I could hardly think about anything except how bad my head was aching.

Finally, I pushed myself up and draped my legs off of the end of the bed, tapping my toes on the cold wooden floor. I turned to see Josh snuggled up in his favorite blanket, snoring ever so quietly, but I didn't see him. And I didn't hear him. I immediately began to panic, wondering where he could be. I suddenly felt a huge rush of pain come over me; my head again.

I finally rested my feet on the ground, standing up carefully. I felt my knees buckle just as I had removed my hand from the bed. I collapsed to the ground, sitting there as I contemplated if I should even bother going to get medicine. And for a minute, I thought about not even getting back up. I laid back, then turned on my side, the cold ground pressing against my cheek. I continued to lay there, trying to focus on anything but my killer migraine.

I heard the sound of my door open, causing me to sit up. I saw Josh standing in the doorway, his broad grin transitioning to a grave expression within seconds. He stared down at me as he scurried over to me.

"Faith? Are you alright?"

"Am I?"

I felt the tears begin pouring. I buried my droopy face into my hands and inhaled deeply, trying as hard as I could to remain calm. " I don't know." I sniffled. He sat down next to me, gripping my hand.

"Why were you laying on the ground?"

I felt a bit of anger welt up inside me.

"Because you weren't here to help me." I growled.

He must have sensed my anger, as he let go of my hand and pushed himself over a little bit, creating a small space.

"I'm sorry. I was showering..." He said quietly. I shook my head and sighed.

"Damn it. I'm sorry, Josh. It isn't your fault. I shouldn't be mad at you. I am mad at myself."

"Why at yourself?"

"I'm the one who got too drunk last night. I'm the one who went and danced with some random guy. I'm the one who pissed you off." I said, feeling guilty about the events of last night.

"I'm the one who allowed you to get that drunk. I'm the one who didn't dance with you. I'm the one who got pissed off at you when you couldn't control your actions last night, even if you tried."

I scoffed at the fact that he was trying to make himself equally responsible. There was a moment of silence before Josh asked another question.

"So, at no point last night did you enjoy yourself?" He asked, sounding a bit awkward and ashamed.

"Should there have been a time?" I asked, sounding much more annoyed than I meant to.

He gawkily propped his leg up and ran his hand through his faded ruby hair. "Sorry, it was my first time..." He mumbled.

"First time what?" I asked, feeling a bit dumbfounded, as I knew it wasn't his first time going clubbing.

He swallowed hard and looked down. "We uh..." He paused. He bit his lip momentarily, then faced his back to me, revealing the deep fingernail scratches covering his back, still fresh.

I suddenly felt a reminder of last night come over me like a tidal wave as I remembered exactly what Josh was talking about. I must have been so focused on my atrocious hangover that I had forgotten what happened between us last night. I replayed it in my head and felt a smile form on my face. Everything was wonderful. No, euphoric. I felt a tad bit of guilt, realizing that Josh thinks that I hadn't enjoyed it.

"Josh, I'm sorry." I whispered, my smile fading for only a second, then appearing again.

His head still hung low as he replied, "No, I'm sorry that I didn't please you. It just felt like I did because of what you did to my back." He laughed, but then returned to seriousness.

"I was so focused on my headache that I forgot that it happened. You were more than wonderful." I chirped, picking his head up. His sad eyes became gleeful and starry. They made me happy. Him and those starry eyes.