|2|

(A.N.: I THINK YOU GUYS KNOW WHAT TYLERS BITTERSWEET SMILE LOOKS LIKE, BUT IF YOU DON'T, THERES A PICTURE OF IT UP THERE ^ C: HOPE YOU ENJOY THIS CHAPTER)

"My drawing," He cooed, but I kept my head down. " You kept it." I looked up and him finally and faintly smiled.

"Hi, Tyler. And yes, I did." I pushed myself off of the ground and stood up, brushing off my skirt. He had a very bitersweet smile on his face, the same one he used when he told me he loved me for the first time, such a long time ago. I felt sick to my stomach thinking about our past, so I shook the feeling.

He continued to smile down on the picture, probably lost in thought of the past, until I picked my box up off of the ground, hinting that I needed to get going. He finally looked up at me, the corners of his mouth down turned when he saw my impatient expression.

"Faith, you look..." He paused, biting his lip.

"Trashy?" I asked, my face serious, but an amusing tone in my voice.

"I was going to say different." He smiled.

"Yeah, well people change over 6 years Tyler." I said sternly. His smile faded to a light frown, and put his head down.

"I know... I'm really sorry. I shouldn't have done that to you. But I hope you knew, and still know that I love you." He said softly. I rolled my eyes. I lost all trust from him. I knew he did love me, but now, it didn't mean anything to me. I had changed so much over that time, and he wouldn't be very fond the person I am now.

"Not really. But it's over, in the past. Why are you here? I thought you moved to Ohio to pursue your music career?" I questioned, not wanting to continue talking about when we were together.

" I did. I had a two- man band, but some stuff happened with my drummer, so we had to break up."

I nodded my head. I thought it was strange that Tyler and his drummer would have gotten into a fight big enough to cause him to break the band up. He was in love with music. He is also one to work things out peacefully.

"Oh. Well I'm sorry to hear that. What brings you back to New York?"

"I know you probably won't believe me..." He whispered. I raised an eyebrow, waiting for him to continue. "I actually came back for you." My heart dropped to my stomach and my face became hot.

"For m-me?" I stuttered. He smiled shyly at me and nodded. "But, you left me?" I asked, even though it was a statement more than a question.

" I was young and confused, and I just wanted what I wanted in the moment, and that was to start my career as a music artist. And for the last 6 years, my drummer and I traveled the world and created wonderful music, met wonderful people, and created a wonderful fanbase. But through out all of that time, I felt like there was some sort of void inside of me. I always felt that there was something that was supposed to be there, but it just wasn't, so that's what I used to help me write my songs. And then when the band broke up, I finally realized what it was that was missing. That's why I came back. For you."

I was so confused. If he loved me, then why would he have left me? We were both 16 year old kids, alone in New York City. We leaned on each other, he was the only person I had. He would play song covers at coffee shops and I was working in the fashion industry, just trying to make enough money to keep our apartment and food on the table. Now I'm 21, just got fired from the same job I had when Tyler was still here, living alone in the same apartment we lived in together. Some money and a boyfriend could be very useful right now.

But its wrong. Not coming back to him felt wrong, but going back to him, I knew was wrong.

He must have seen the worried expression on my face, and he took a step closer to me. He put his hand on my cheek to hold me steady, and carefully brought his lips to mine, making my heart flutter, like it hadn't since the last time I kissed him, six years ago. His lips were so sweet and so soft, and I began feeling it in my knees. He dropped the picture he had been holding since he found me, and brought his other hand to my other cheek, pulling me closer to kiss him harder. Before I was almost completely under his control, I pushed him away and nervously stepped back.

" I h-have to g-go." I croaked, leaning down and picking up my box.

"Well, it's getting dark and its still raining. Let me drive you to your car." He offered, sorrow in his voice.

"No, I'm o-okay."

"Faith, please..." He lamented, walking closer to me.

"No!" I shouted, feeling tears rushing to my eyes. I kicked off my heels and began to run in the direction of the lot my car was in. I could hear my heart beating in my ears when I became tired.

I turned around when I could no longer continue running, and I saw Tyler faintly in the distance. He was on his knees with his face in his hands.