|13|

A.N: HERE IT IS GUYS. SORRY NOTHING REALLY HAPPENS IN THIS CHAPTER, ITS KINDA JUST A TRANSITION CHAPTER.

After the very emotional day yesterday, I was more than happy to begin a new day;  no more tears, and thankfully, no more hangover.

Alas, today is my day to go searching for a new job. Job searching and filling out applications is certainly not something I am looking forward to today, but it simply has to be done. We can't be living off of Chinese takeout and leftover pizza for the rest of our lives.

I have absolutely no idea of what I want to do, or if I can even  find a job that doesn't require cleaning of a public restroom that also includes a wage that I can actually make profit from. I haven't had to search for a job since I first moved to New York, but I guess now I have to suffer the way I should have when I first arrived.

I opened the door to exit my apartment, closing it gently behind me in hopes to not disturb sleeping Joshua. Shortly after the door shut behind me, I heard it open and again, two feet thumping down the stairs swiftly.

"Faith!"

I heard the familiar voice, and was slightly annoyed when I turned around to see wide eyed Josh standing in front of me, holding my coat in his arms.

"You forgot this."

I snatched the coat from his grasp and tossed it over my shoulder with ease. "Thank you, dear. Now go back to sleep." I said, a sassy tone in my voice as I turned back around and continued making my way to the door to exit the building.

I heard his footsteps following me again, and I began to walk faster, praying that I wouldn't trip in my heels. Then a hand gripped my arm, spinning me around.

"Please don't go." Josh begged, his eyes welting up with tears.

I rolled my eyes at him, although, I did feel a little bit bad that he was crying.

"I won't be gone long, okay? Watch some TV or go back to sleep. I swear I'll be gone for only about two hours. You want me to be happy, don't you?" I asked, sounding as innocent as possible.

He inhaled and wiped the streaks of newly fallen tears from his cheeks in attempts to regain his dignity.

"Yes. I know you're doing this for the benefit of both of us. I'll just miss you while you're gone." He reminded me. I giggled quietly and pecked his lips.

"Wait for me. I love you." I whispered to him, and made my way out the door and into the breezy afternoon.

After an hour had passed, I had no luck. Maybe I wasn't being open minded enough, but I wasn't about to take up a job that would make me miserable. I looked down at my heels as I continued walking down the nearly empty street until I foolishly ran into a small signboard. On it was written, "Costal Records: New music shop. Hiring."

I stared it in disbelief. A music store job. I love music, and the job is simple enough and most likely has good hours. Guess my luck isn't as bad as I had though.

I pushed the door of the music store open to see a teenage boy standing in the very back of the store, headphones on and tapping his hands on the glass counter in front of him. I made my way over to him, and he pulled his headphones off of his ears.

"Can I help you?" He said, sounding very laid back, but polite.

"Yeah, I was wondering if I could get an application?"

He smiled at me and reached under the counter to grab a sheet of paper and a pen.

"Just fill this out, and I'll look over it. I could really use some help around here. There's only one other guy who's working here; not many people are willing to work a tiny and new music store." He laughed.

I laughed along with him while filling out all of the spaces within the paper. It only took a few minutes and I returned the paper to him.

"I'll see what I can do, and give you a call ASAP." He smiled.

I left the store feeling satisfied as I made my way back home to Josh.