5 | aberrant

🏁
◢◤◢◤◢◤ Circuit 05 ◢◤◢◤◢◤

"Please let me know if you have any additional questions about our meetings or your lessons," I said after I had explained to her everything she needed to know

We agreed to meet for two hours on Tuesdays and Thursdays, or longer if necessary. I was also supposed to report back to the Headmaster about her progress to ensure that my teaching methods were effective. As a result, my recommendation letter and her credit requirements would be determined by how well we both performed as a pair.

She hasn't said anything to me so far. I was surprised by how quiet she had gotten compared to other times we'd interacted. I'm not sure if I should be happy that she's stopped throwing herself at me and making me uneasy with her forthright behavior.

The tip of a ballpoint pen is buried deep into her cheek as she thinks. With an arm resting on the table across from me, Ola sighs and stares at me dreamily.

"Theo Lauder..."

The mere sound of my name coming out of her mouth causes me to fidget.

"What a lovely name for such an attractive face."

I could feel a lump forming in my throat. I move forth to gather my belongings and stuff them into my bag, which was sitting next to me on the chair. I didn't want to admit it, but I was hoping she would distance herself from me because I was always nervous around her.

It's ridiculous.

I don't even know this girl except for her name and the fact that she is a transferee from Chicago, yet I'm letting her have this much impact on me.

Everything else about her is a mystery to me. A puzzle that I don't want to solve. I was only here for one thing; that was to graduate and attend my dream school in New York.

Everything that is not in the picture will stay out of the picture.

I need to focus more than ever.

"Okay, if you don't have any other questions for me, I will be going now," I said as I pushed myself out of my seat.

Her gaze followed my abrupt movements, and she stands up, holding her leather jacket and a bag over her shoulder. "Let's go to lunch together," she beams and displays her pearly whites at me.

My heart thumps again and I have to swallow a lump down my throat. "I can't, I have practice," I informed her, hoping for her to lose interest. But the flash in her eyes says otherwise.