15 | solace

🏁

◢◤◢◤◢◤ Circuit 15 ◢◤◢◤◢◤

"I can't believe you guys got yourselves chased by cops," Skye shakes her head as the three of us strut down the halls of Whitehaven

"I can," Jade giggles, snaking her arms around my left arm.

"I wanted that car so bad," I draw my hold around the books taut against my chest, fronting a disheartened look on my face.

I would be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed with myself for not winning and returning half an hour later that Jairo almost flagged me for car theft. However, I was not entirely dissatisfied with spending time with Theo, alone.

All I can think about is the feel of his muscular, toned thighs under my touch. I knew the guy was fit like a greek god from afar, but being able to feel every fiber of his chiseled body flexing beneath the clothes he wore, proved everything I had imagined.

"And why was Theo there?" Skye questions, raising her brows at me. I look away, not wanting to reveal anything that could jeopardize my plan of getting close to the boy. "Since when did you guys get so close? He's never opened up to anyone outside of his friend group. Especially a girl."

"Maybe I'm special," I shrug. Both Jade and Skye look at me, perplexed. I wipe the cocky smirk off my lips. "He's just... nice."

"Mhm. Nice, huh?" Jade quips, nudging my side. We come to a stop at our lockers. "What's nice about learning?"

"He helps me a lot," I retort, not entirely sure of my statement when I barely learned a thing or two and getting distracted most of the time. The pop quiz in my Algebra class I took this morning is enough evidence. It's the reason why I'm avoiding running into the Headmaster. I'm still trying to figure out how to break the news to Theo. Surely, he won't be happy with me.

But if I look at it, he might also extend our sessions, which also means good for me.

"About the situation that happened in the waiting room . . ." Skye looks around to make sure no one is eavesdropping before whispering, "Has he said anything to you?"

My mood drops right away. The topic hasn't been talked about ever since that night Theo apologized to me in the car. I let it go, concluding that indeed, it wasn't any of my business. But the fact that I got myself involved in a violent act for him, already puts me in the center of it. He doesn't see it that way, which clashes with my understanding. I don't like to force my beliefs on others but anyone could see it clearly - he is blinded.

I can care less about his history with Elle, what matters is now.

I haven't made up my mind about the psychotic girl. I don't like her and never will, no matter what reasons Theo wanted me to believe. End of story.