7 | ostentatious

🏁
◢◤◢◤◢◤ Circuit 07 ◢◤◢◤◢◤

"So you're telling me you've never had a boyfriend before?" Jade asks in disbelief as she leans more into my locker

"So you're telling me you've never had a boyfriend before?" Jade asks in disbelief as she leans more into my locker. I tip my head and shut my locker before we soon pushed through the crowded cafeteria.

"Why do you sound surprised?" I giggled as we grabbed a tray and headed toward the salad station. Seeing Jade pick up greens to put on her plate causes my face to morph with displeasure.

"I just don't believe it," she said with a smirk. I laughed as I nudged her elbow and led her toward the fruit section. I scooped pineapple slices and dumped them onto my tray.

"Well you better believe it," I mumbled as we drew closer to an empty table in the center. Students were filling the tables and formed their own cliques. That does not surprise me. Because it was the middle of the semester, friend groups were structured. I just hope it won't be too difficult for me to find my own group of people.

"Hm, I don't know..." She appears skeptical, but not to the point of being offensive.

I only ever had short dating phases with boys, but none lasted more than a month because I quickly realized I wasn't into the long-term thing and I didn't like feeling like I had another responsibility, especially towards a person. So, I have never been in a serious relationship.

"I mean, if you count that one time in middle school when a boy kissed my hand then I don't know what to tell you." Jade couldn't help but laugh at my story because we'd all gone through an awkward school crush phase at some point in our lives.

"Oh, look! She's headed this way," Jade had a grin on her round face as she nudged her chin in the direction of the stairs leading down to the main hall. The cafeteria provided a clear view of the school's interior.

Through the large glass windows, I could see the preserved garden with Spring blossoms and a well-kept fountain in the center.

My gaze was drawn to a seemingly shy girl walking towards us, clutching her books and what appeared to be a mug against her chest.

She looked stunning in her Prada boots and had the slim body of a runway model. Her skin tone was lighter, but even with dark roots, she looked like a Barbie doll to me.

She shyly smiled down at Jade and me as she stood at our table, her heart-shaped lips and fair skin tone more visible.

The girl shuffled slowly, seeming sympathetic as she took the seat next to Jade. "Hey, sorry for taking so long, I had to stay back for an exam."

Jade chuckles. "Happy to have changed out of that class on the first day of classes. What instructor conducts a pop quiz during the first week of class? It's stupid. I swear, listening to Cooper talk about his parrots makes me more annoyed than the class itself." Before grinning at me, Jade pondered. "I wanted to introduce you to Ola. She's a transfer from Chicago."