30 | contrapposto

🏁

◢◤◢◤◢◤ Circuit 30 ◢◤◢◤◢◤

Some classical music pierces through my eardrums as the estate stood proud against the backdrop of rolling hills, exuding an air of opulence and refined taste

The Lauders' residence had transformed into a whimsical wonderland, as preparations were underway for the celebration of their daughter's birthday.

As guests began to arrive, their luxury cars lined the elegant cobblestone driveway. Exquisite attires and tailored suits adorned the figures of prominent business partners and acquaintances. Each step they took upon the gleaming marble floors seemed to echo through the halls, adding a touch of grandeur to the occasion.

The main hall was tastefully decorated with towering floral arrangements of vibrant orchids and cascading ivy. Crystal chandeliers hung from the ornate ceiling, casting a warm, golden glow upon the room. Tables covered in fine linen were scattered throughout the space, adorned with shimmering silverware and delicate china, awaiting the lavish feast that would soon commence.

Outside, the meticulously manicured gardens were transformed into a playground of elegance. Canopies draped in silk billowed gracefully in the gentle breeze, providing shade to elegantly dressed attendees as they mingled in conversation. The sound of classical music wafted through the air, performed by a live orchestra positioned on a grand stage.

In the corner of the garden, an extravagant pavilion had been erected, hosting a delightful array of interactive activities and entertainment. A magician dazzled onlookers with mesmerizing tricks, captivating their attention with each flourish of his wand. Caricature artists skillfully captured the likeness of guests, immortalizing their smiles and laughter on paper.

What I thought would be a casual and intimate gathering, shared among close friends and family, turned out to be a formal affair filled with influential figures that I had no idea about. My heart sank as I realized my mistake, and a wave of self-consciousness washed over me.

Standing on the dark cobblestones, I suddenly felt small and out of place in my mini skirt, tube top with baby pink lace trims, and black ballerina flats.

I scanned the surroundings, noticing the elegantly dressed guests in their formal cocktail attire, exuding an air of sophistication.

As I looked around, I caught glimpses of guests whispering behind their Champagne glasses, their eyes lingering on me for a moment too long. It felt as though the room was filled with judgment and expectation, and I couldn't help but feel like an outsider in their world.

My choice to experiment with my appearance for this occasion, styling my hair in two pigtails, just like Thea's, but in braids and ribbons, certainly made an impression.

Little did I know that this gathering was far from the casual children's party I had imagined. My eyeshadow, with its various shades of pink and glitter, suddenly felt garish.