20 | aspartame

🏁

◢◤◢◤◢◤ Circuit 20 ◢◤◢◤◢◤

The referee blows the whistle and the game is already underway

The referee blows the whistle and the game is already underway. The opposing team attacked early with their star striker launching a long shot at our goal. But Whitehaven's keeper was quick to react, making a diving save. Milestone High countered with a swift attack of their own, passing the ball expertly through our team's defense. With Whitehaven's defense up to the challenge, they successfully cleared the ball away to safety.

It's tied.

Two goals apiece in double time.

The game is intense, with both teams giving it their all. It was clear that as time ticked, both teams had exerted themselves, wanting to finish the night with a win.

"This has to be the longest game I've ever watched," Jade grumbles beside me, sipping lazily on her last coffee of the night. "I need caffeine to get myself through this."

"Shh!" Skye hushes as her fingers casually dig into a large bucket of popcorn sitting on her lap. I glance at her, noticing her fingers are coated with butter (more like oil) but that doesn't stop her from getting ahold of her phone to record the game.

Frankly, it wasn't the game she was recording but the specific boy with the number seven jersey and Medina impressed on the back.

But who am I to blame her? I've only had eyes on a certain team captain all night as if I hadn't just given him a blowjob an hour ago before his game. Though I must say it might've been the reason he's playing so well tonight or maybe Theo Lauder always gives his all in every game and I'm just being delusional (as always).

Heedful, I see the sweat that trails along his temples, the way he huffs out a long breath every few miles and runs with his hands on his hips, and the way his throat bobs as he drowns himself in ice-cold water between breaks with my hawk eyes vision.

No one else seems to notice the way his silver eyes try to search for me in the crowd, and when he doesn't, the skin between his thick brows pulls together.

Nothing is more satisfying than seeing the defeated expression on his face after scoring a goal and turning to face the audience.

The disappointment in his eyes when he looks back and doesn't see the one person he hopes to see. And how, every time he does, I hope the one person is me.

It's ludicrous. The exhaustive scenarios I'm conjuring up in my head are just a reflection of how much I truly crave Theo's attention. The rate at which I want him to think only of me, even if it's all a ruse.

"Skye, we're not watching a movie. You can't just 'shush' me," ripostes Jade.

Skye shakes her head, pressing her lips in a thin line with no noise as she zooms in on her boyfriend. Russell, who has sat silently since his arrival, crosses his arms at his sister's actions.