19 | frolic

🏁

◢◤◢◤◢◤ Circuit 19 ◢◤◢◤◢◤

The stands were already quite full when I arrived, but thankfully Jade and Skye saved me a seat so I wasn't worried I would miss the perfect view of the field, where I plan on taking pictures for Theo to show him later

There is a frenzy of excitement in the stadium as fans wear their team colors and wave their flags. Our home team, the Broncos, is still yet to arrive to the roar of the crowd. To hype up the crowds, our mascot was represented by real-life horses lining the track and groomers pacing the sidelines.

In the opposing corner, the Jaguars line up. Their mascot, an inflatable Jaguar, stands tall, firing up their players and preparing themselves by doing warm-ups.

"Ola! Over here!"

I make a beeline to the front, passing by a few of my classmates that greet me before finding my way to a cheery Skye and an annoyed Jade. In her excitement, she waves, making her shoulder-length hair bounce.

In a hurry, I take my seat in the front row, next to the player's entrance, the best seats in the stadium.

It seems like every student at Whitehaven was here, wanting to be part of history - granted if we win this season, Whitehaven will advance to the state game. Students from different schools came to watch in their school colors of crimson neutrals and cool hues.

Although small in numbers, they looked just as smug having their cheer team bounce around the side of the field. They were screaming at the top of their lungs like they knew their boys' soccer team would win tonight.

Even though Northshore had lost last time, Milestone High was undeterred.

I scowl, glaring menacingly at anyone who admires the opposing team.

"Are they out yet?" I huffed out, impatient.

Jade turns to me, propping her sunglasses to rest on top of her head as she utters a simple 'no'.

"Skye, any word from Kade? I haven't seen anyone from their team come out."

"Nope," she sighs, sounding unsure herself. "We didn't see each other this morning. They were called in for briefing before the sun came up."

As a last resort, I ask, "and Theo?"

Jade squints her eyes at me and I brush it off, blithely.

"He looked nervous when I saw him, which was weird because I've never seen him get so nervous before a game," Skye described. Her answer enough for me to scramble my way down the congested bleachers, blurting out apologies when I end up stepping on people's toes.

"Where are you going?" Skye calls out in a failed attempt to stop me.

Jade giggles while saying, "let her get that D," but instantly shuts up when Skye flashes her the death glare.