24 | consecrate

🏁

◢◤◢◤◢◤ Circuit 24 ◢◤◢◤◢◤

"Cole, hand me the torque wrench," I peek from underneath the car to find Cole leaning against the brick wall to the side

"Cole, hand me the torque wrench," I peek from underneath the car to find Cole leaning against the brick wall to the side. The smug smirk on his tanned face as he watches me work my ass off and break a sweat causes me to roll my eyes and throw a middle finger.

"Are you asking me or telling me?"

"What do you think?"

"I don't think that's how you ask someone to do something for you, gorgeous," he says.

I arch my brows at him. "Seriously, hand me the thing and stop calling me that."

"Say please," he responds jokingly. Cole is dressed in a white tank that doesn't even hide the drench of sweat stains on his torso or the way his long blonde hair is tied behind his head.

If he wasn't cute in his muddy overalls, I wouldn't even entertain him, but since he's the only one around my age that I can hang around the house, I don't try to avoid him. Cole is a great distraction. And not to mention, he's a funny guy. Although I try not to laugh at his ridiculously cringy dad jokes that I secretly think are entertaining.

"I am not going to beg, Cole," I argued poorly, knowing damn well I won't even think twice if it were a certain boy asking me.

I've been rushing my movements to get Ricardo's car to at least turn on for the past three hours.

It didn't help that I was starving and feeling a bit dizzy my cranky mood made me sound like a total bitch. A girl needs her food. You can't blame me.

"C'mon, help a cute girl out, will you?" I flash Cole an ass whopping smile. "Be a gentleman."

"Why must I?" He challenges me just to tease me further.

"Because girls love a gentleman," I retort back, flirtatiously. I know I've done my part when his smile deepens and reveals his slightly crooked teeth reflecting the bright sun.

"And I'm supposed to listen to you, because..." He continues to tease me knowing my patience is running thin.

With an exasperated huff, I finally slide out from beneath the hoisted car with the makeshift board. My thighs ache when I stand up and wipe the side of my face using the cloth around my neck. As if sensing my serious mood, Cole straightens and begins to rummage through the toolbox I laid out on the table as I asked of him.

"You're a meanie," I grumble and sit upright, careful not to touch the fresh sheer of paint I decided to add on the exterior. I can feel the heat bouncing off the walls in the garage and I want nothing more but to drown myself in ice water.

"That's a lie," Cole points out. "Women usually take me for the romantic type. A paragon of virtue. If you know what I mean." The sound of his deep laughter rumbles through the walls of the five-car garage and I stand beside him to bump his side with my hips.