25 | impetus

🏁

◢◤◢◤◢◤ Circuit 25 ◢◤◢◤◢◤

The mid-afternoon sun encroaches on the window spot of Theo's ridiculously large bedroom, and I find myself grinning whenever the strands of his gray irises catch in the light or whenever my eyes study the artwork filling his bedroom walls

The mid-afternoon sun encroaches on the window spot of Theo's ridiculously large bedroom, and I find myself grinning whenever the strands of his gray irises catch in the light or whenever my eyes study the artwork filling his bedroom walls. Some are abstractly painted with bright colors and others are faceless but in neutral hues.

I am in awe of Theo's taste in art, and I can only imagine the stories behind each piece, each one as special and meaningful as the next.

"This is what I imagined your room to look like," I tell him as I turn my body to face him, my hands buried in my back pocket as he watches me from across the room.

As if aware of my gaze, he immediately looked away.

"I like the paintings. You did 'em?"

"Y-yeah, just some practice pieces."

"They don't look like practice pieces to me," I said. "You should sell some. You'd make a helluva fortune."

"I don't think anyone would pay that much for them," Theo humbly responds and stashes what appears to be some of his dirty clothes in a hamper beside his desk.

"I would," I shrugged, continuing my ramble. "It's pleasing to the eye, although I don't think your artwork belongs to the dirty wall we have back home in Chicago. Probably would keep it as a keepsake, y'know?"

Theo just silently watches my reaction every time my attention is turned toward the tiny little knickknacks on his shelves. There are also figurines and collectibles of Marvel characters I know I shouldn't consider touching in case I want to leave this place without debt in my pocket.

I back away and face him with a sheepish grin. "Don't mind me, I must look like a child in an ice cream museum."

"It's okay..." He softly smiles. "Do you like Marvels and DC?"

I eye him warily, knowing the weight behind the controversial question. "I feel like this a test. Why? Will this indicate our future relationship?"

"Oh, n-no!" He exclaimed, worrisome. "Just curious."

"Mhm... Well, I'm a Wanda kinda girl if that helps. And you?" There is a hint of passion in his eyes when I ask. "Who fancies your heart?"

"I like... Dr. Strange."

"Well that's not romantic at all." I chuckled.

Across his king-sized bed is a giant television screen mounted on the wall with two snake plants on either side and a game console. On the entertainment table is a bunch of books stacked on top of each other and colorful comic covers. Theo appears to be a bit of a homebody, content with the comforts of his own living space rather than the hustle of the outside world.